What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Photo Contest- Drosophyllum lusitanicum seeds for the 5 best pictures

Thanks for this opportunity Jeremiah! Those dewy pines look incredible!

There sure are some excellent photographers on this forum... but I'll try anyway.

P. Leo Song 5935 (I've never seen pics of this guy on the internet before)

LeoSong2.jpg

A pretty, red, and drooling Nepenthes ventricosa flower:

Ventricosa_Red_male_flower_spike_IM.jpg

Goodstuff everybody. Woot Woot.

P_titan1.jpg

D_capensis_alba5.jpg

haha... must admit crissytal nice pic, my first instincts were tarantula but there is most definitely a tribal meeting in session : )

Ah man! The pictures in this topic are incredible! GEEZE!! Great work to those putting in efforts on this and thanks to Jeremiah for offering such great bounty! I don't have nearly the artistic touch that some ...scratch that, MOST people in this topic have BUT I'm going to give it a shot!

Lets start off with a shot of D. prolifera (side view of the traps)

prolifera+full.jpg

And here is the full size version if anyone wants to have a look :D
http://cpforums.org/gallery/d/27907-3/prolifera+full.jpg

And here is a nice view of death valley/D. capensis "All Red" forest (Wouldn't it be scary having to navigate thisl?!)

capensissmall.jpg

Now, the above picture may not look like anything special... but here is where I went a little off track to try and catch the eyes of the judge... The above picture is available in high res so that it can be put as your desktop! Here is a picture of it on my dual 22" monitors (It does it no justice,just look at the full res at the end of the topic for yourself) :

capensisscreens.jpg

If you would like to use it for your desktop, you can download it (just right click the picture and select "Set As Desktop Background...") It is size set for 1680-*1050 but should shrink/stretch to fit just about anything without too much distortion. You can also go to this link if you just want to see the full size version.

http://terraforums.com/capensisdesktop.jpg

Hope you enjoy as much as I did taking the pictures and posting this! (I only spent about 45 mins and took 67 pictures LOL)
Andrew

same computer man same computer :D

Jeff, that's a better picture than the ventrata flower I had from 2007!

Thanks Jim!

I also love all the utric pics you've taken. They show people the benefits of growing them.

Alright here is my ante

1)
P8130018.jpg

2)
stolonifera0201077crop.jpg

Pyro is that really your lowii or is that an april fools <_<
cause im now jealous :| my little lowii cant compare to that LOL

Wow Peat! That second Drosera (D. capensis 'Albino'?) sure is heavenly! If there were such things as CP angles, I'd expect that one to descend from the heavens, glorious hues and all! :)

DSC01630.jpg

S. Catesbaei

Travis's entry sure is a killer! Wonderful photography.

Good stuff.

Wow guy, definitely some of the best CP photos I have seen in a while.

Since they are so good I’m going to up the ante with one day left.

To the top three will I will add one pack of any of the following seeds, winners choice.

N. rowanae

Roridula gorgonias
2008-4-26_Roridula%20(174).JPG

U. nelumbifolia
As some I’m sure know, U. nelumbifolia seeds start to germinate in as little as 24 hours so I will wait until the seed pods ripen and send them in damp LFS. In other words it may be a few week to a month before they are ready so no SASE will be required.
2006-10-30_Rajah_new_pitcher_099.jpg

2006-1-27_U_humboldtii_015.jpg

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

PS. Feel free to change your photos if necessary.

Close-up-CPs-028.jpg

Drosera.jpg

Heres my second shot. A macro of the light windows on Darlingtonia.
SN851793.jpg

My second and final photo entry. Thanks for sharing all the great photos all.

FL000003-1.jpg

My final entry as well.

D. graminifolia mutation. Two tips on one leaf.

gram.jpg

Thanks for the contest!

My last minute procrastination entry of one of my splendiana x mixta babies...no way it can hold its own against the super glimery dewy picture by the masters earlier though but I love seeing all these pictures from the contests though

DSC01241-1.jpg

and a forming Macfarlanei pitcher
DSC01230-1.jpg

Great entries everyone, and a BIG thanks to Jeremiah!

Some N. veitchii macros, not modified at all:

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

And just for fun (not an entry, just never got around to posting it) - N. Miranda pitcher frozen in liquid nitrogen, then SNAPPED!
IMG_0308.jpg

What the heck do you do during your free time? l=

Back