What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eagles LIVE on cam!!

• Thread starter mabudon
  • Start date
Not the most exciting thing in the world, but it's really cool. I'll be checking in every day to see how they're doing. :)

Haha oh I can't say it's block-bustin entertainment to be sure ;)

But it is kind of oddly addictive, I think my exposure to media has given me a built-in sense of something happening, so if I start watching them I almost can't stop in case I miss something (although besides getting up and shifting positions and makin noises at stuff hardly ANYTHING truly "happens")

The most exciting bits are when they switch out- and last I checked yesterday there was only one egg, but this morning when I looked they'd added another one!!

What!? That's not Don Henley & Glenn Frey!

Even though it is "not exciting," I can see myself watching it for hours just waiting for on eof the eagles taking flight!

xvart.

Thanks for the link Nan- I checked it out but for some reason I can't get into the "refreshed every 15 seconds" deal as much as I can the real-time eagles- I WISH there was a live streaming Osprey cam on there, them things are neat

xvart- that's the problem, it almost ALWAYS seems like something is about to happen. If you happen to actually be watching when they "change the guards" it is really awesome, it's hard to tell how big they are until they stand up and stretch out. It's also fun to watch them tending to their eggs- they are SO gentle with them- it seems they like to rotate them a little every hour or so.. It is also pretty darn cute when they do their little "wiggle/settle" when they sit back down on the eggs

Did anyone else check out the discussion boards? They have a board/topic for each camera!

I think my favorite camera is the Sidney Cam 2.

I have two monitors running on my computer at work, and I've had that page open on the second screen since I saw this post!

xvart.

Thanks for the heads-up xvart, I somehow couldn't tear my eyes off the live view long enough to notice the forums, lots of cool info on there about each nest, it's fascinating to me

Lots of good pics of them doing "egg rolls" and the "eagle wiggle" too :D

Not too long before the eaglets come...

My dad just called me a half hour ago and told me that he has been watching one of the eagles feed two babies. I can't get the site to load right now (maybe too many people watching) but he said he would send me the link to the direct video since he couldn't remember the name of the camera he was watching at the time.

xvart.

The eggs have hatched??!!! Dang it. I was hoping to catch that! I guess it's too late to look now...it's dark.

I read that the larger one always kills the smaller one. I hope that's not true. :-(

http://www.hancockwildlifechannel.org/staticpages/index.php/20080401010059972

Haven't missed them yet PAK :D

That pair should have eggs hatching around april 25-30th. They are an older couple so the chances of the eggs actually being fertile are nowhere near 100%, but I'm hoping for the best for them. Yesterday they killed a crow and brought it to the nest, from what I've read they don't get along with crows, but usually they'll kill them and not eat them, so bringing a dead one back is kind of peculiar

I caught them today! There are two babies and another egg that hasn't hatched, yet.

eaglebabies.jpg

xvart.

Back