What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pistachio Recall: A True Sign of the Apocalypse

Blame Kissenger, Nixon, Bush Sr, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Bush Jr, and the GREEDY Wall Street Machine. Wall Street is simply an example of what living the American Dream will do to the rest of us. Go ahead and use 1/3 of the worlds resources and see what happens.

If anyone blames OBAMA you are a silly little fool with no patience. what goes awry for 20 plus years can not be fixed by Obama in 2 months. So kindly ignore the 1st ammendment and shush if you believe that. Government never claimed to be perfect but with Barrack in charge I feel like there is a future again. Thats a lot more than could be said for anyone on the list above.

No one is really blaming the President outright; it's simply that this critical period is unprecedented in recent history, and that he and his administration's current decisions and inevitable gaffs -- "Messiah" to the hoi polloi, Obama is capable of error -- can adversely impact the next decade down the road, both here and abroad, when he's cashing in on his third memoir (we'll see how Europe treats him at the G20 Summit -- the fellating may finally be over). I did notice, however, that thirty years of only right-wing figures were conveniently represented in your harangue, without including decades of democratic congresses and two terms of Bill Clinton (who I had voted for -- Bubba!) with his wanton deregulation of the banking system. Both parties are equally culpable.

How about some currently responsible figures on the stage and not dredge up dinosaurs from before I was teething? Let's blame the failure of the Weimar Republic for Germany's ills while we're at it? Get your head from out of Obama's lap, if just for a moment. How about Senator Dodd in bed with AIG or Barney Frank -- up to his ***-less leather chaps in Fannie May and Freddie Mac?

As someone who grew up in Michigan let me say this, the UAW does have a huge role in the problems of American auto companies. I am not saying they are soley to blame but if a guy working for GM on the floor is only making $25/hour than he has less than 10 years in and is just starting out in life. But if he gets laid off by GM he gets 100% of his pay the whole time. If he completes his quota for the day in 6 hours he reads a magazine for the other 2 and still gets paid. After 25 years he can retire and get full retirment benefits from GM including 100% medical coverage. Going on strike when Rx copays go from $0.50 to a $1. Do I need to continue listing the rediculous things UAW workers have demanded? Again I am not saying this is the only cause of the problem, the people up top helped, but the union play a critical role. Also the only people I knew where living in a rusty trailer that worked for GM had alcohol or drug problems, the vast majority of them lived in nice homes.

As for ousting our politicians, you can actually have a recall election if you want to put the work into removing someone before their time is up. Americans in general are just too lazy.

Most of our economic problems have been coming for 20+ years, its just no one wanted to pay attention to the people who warned of this because Americans have a tendency to think short term solutions are the best way to go.

one more thing that torques me off.....if i hear Obama say one more time about how he inherited this mess....he didnt inherit anything....he bought the chance to be the one that gets to deal with it.......it was his choice to take on the mess.....has nothing to freaking do with inheriting anything......he spent millions to get it......

and i would be just as torqued if anyone else had got in and was spouting the same drivil

In a way they ALL inherited it from the 1940s and the Keynesian economic philosophy.
We've been flogging that dead horse for decades and it's not getting us anywhere. Unless the economic philosophy changes we're doomed to keep replaying these episodes with every new poobah we elect. Until we finally crash and burn like all the other great empires of history.

Closing down GM: Yes, those people will be out of work but a new company will come along and fill that need. After seeing what unbridled greed does to a company, a town , a country there will probably be a law created against these salary competitions between CEOs occurring again.

As a member of the working class/factory slave/drone myself I will probably never blame the worker or the union which fights for the worker. The companies DO in fact owe us a living, health care and retirement. Because without us they are absolutely dead in the water and they know it, they just don't think the workers are smart enough to figure it out.

swords......i agree, technically it is all inherited but Obama complaining that he inherited all these problems from Bush is like me complaining i gotta print a box of envelopes.....it comes with the job he sought.......ANY politician complaining about this kinda thing torques me......none of this is new news, the writing was on the wall for over a year, Obama knew(or atleast he damn well should have) what kinda mess this was going to be for whoever got elected.....he did everything he could to be the one that gets the privilege of being the person to deal with it.....its not a problem he "inherited" its a problem he bought the right to deal with...........just like McCain would have bought the right to deal with it if he was the one elected.......

Yup, I agree with ya there.
It would be nice if Obama came on TV and explained how he was going to CHANGE the economic philosophy, however I don't hold out much HOPE now, as he's presenting himself to be just another middle of the road liberal. Since he's playing the same old game and wasn't just using the "democrat" label as a cover story, then get in and actually do drastic unexpected stuff as I had hoped. Everyone said he was probably a "dangerous radical" and "who knows what he'll do!?"... I just don't see it now.

nothing he has done so far has surprised me......get a huge laugh over how the foreign leaders have treated him.......wish Vegas woulda had odds on it, i coulda made money :D

Back