What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Triangle lands in my back yard!!

LOL Wow...I'm amazed this went so long. Congrat to DrWurm!

I couldn't play because I knew the answer. I guess alligator eyes isn't something that really comes to mind quickly. They look spooky though.

Great game!

I'm sure some of you are wondering how these videos came about. I have been working everyday for the last two weeks. I have over 130 hours in for the last two weeks. So to say the least I didn't feel much like sitting in front of the pc last night to explain.

Me and a buddy went to a place we know where there are a lot of gators. I wanted to try and get some close up shots at night. I use a light that I wear on my head to find the gators. The light has a red light option. When you shine the red light towards the gators their eyes reflect back red. You would expect to see just two eyes per gator shining back at you, but the reflection from the water also shines back. For reasons I can't explain, only one eye reflects from the water. So instead of four red dots you get only three. The two top are the actual eyes the dimmer one on the bottom is the reflection from the water.

I noticed that it looks almost identical to some of the triangle ufo's videos I saw on the discovery channel. After shooting it with my camera I noticed that the video looked like an object against a black sky. As I tried to focus on the gator, the dimmer reflection would disappear on camera but I could still see it with my eyes. Without a tripod, it was impossible to get a steady shot of it. I tried but I couldn't keep the camera steady enough.

The sound on the video is my buddy's truck about 30 feet away.

I've ran out of ideas for april fools day, so I can't wait to see some of your ideas next year.

Well the light guessing game was pretty good so that counts as an April Fools. :)

Back