What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien Triangle lands in my back yard!!

Looks like three lights attached to a delta kite?

I've been flying stunt and power kites for close to 14 yrs and if that isn't a delta stunter I'll be shocked.

Since it seems to pivot on the wing tip, and not on the axis, I'm guessing a dual line and not a quad. Plus, quad deltas usually have a more swept (out, not back) flying wing design than that displays.

This was my very first stunt kite, a dual line, ripstop nylon on fiberglass spars, 'Ultrawing' delta.

first-kite.jpg

I've moved up a few times since to this 15m2 (27Ft x 6.5Ft) quad line , twinskin design, depowerable 'Bomba' by NZ kite designer, Peter Lynn. Think of the UFO that bad boy could make. LOL

kite-2.jpg

helicopter?

if that isn't a delta stunter I'll be shocked.

Time to be shocked because it's not a kite. If fact there is nothing in this video at all that is human made. I guess that it really is a U.F.O. for the people that don't know what it is.

Yep, I'm shocked. :0o: Was positive. Looks like that $15 is safe with you. :-))

do you not know what it is? Is it an unidentified flying object?

do you not know what it is?

Yes I shot the video.

Is it an unidentified flying object?

No. I said It's an U.F.O. for the people that don't know what it is.

Looks like that $15 is safe with you.

I doubt it, the people here are pretty smart. I'm sure somebody will ask a question that will let another person figure it out. There's over a week left.

In North Carolina near Brunswick Town.

On the side of Plantation Road, less than a mile from Sunny Point.

Wow. I'm stumped.

I just can't figure out where light like that would come from if it isn't human made. I already asked if the lights were stars, and the only animals I know of that produce light live in the ocean.

Was I close when I asked stars? Because if I was, I'll be more specific and guess planets...?

Edit: nvm, I already guessed planets AND stars. lol

No they are not stars, nor planets.

I just can't figure out where light would come from if it isn't human made.

After reading the line above I realised that one of my statements may be misleading.

While there is nothing in the vids that was made by humans, I can see some people arguing that the light itself is man made.

Ok, that leaves a few more possibilities.

Is it a hot air balloon? Or maybe three hot air balloons?

No.

sparks from a fire?

well, time for my daily question, hehe...
when you said the object wasn't on land, was it "free-floating" or did it have something touching the ground or supporting it?
Based on your last hint, it makes me think it is coal or an ember glowing, if the light could've been started by someone.

free-floating
UMMM no. My understating of "free-floating" is being carried by the air or current.

So the answer using that definition would be no it's not free-floating.

Are all three lights connected by something we can't see in the videos?

Here's a good question: What is it?

Back