What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found this in my Inbox

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATION
INTERNATIONAL CREDIT SETTLEMENT,
ATM PAYMENT DEPARTMENT (CBN)
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA .
Email: remittancedept_atmpayment@walla.com
Telephone:+234-7087525745
VERY URGENT ATTENTION!!!
This is to officially inform you that we the international credit settlement of central bank of Nigeria has verified your contract/inheritance file and found out that why you have not received your part payment of $500,00.00(FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) is because you have not fulfilled the obligations given to you in respect of your contract/inheritance payment.
Secondly we have been informed that for you not to deal with the non officials in the bank and your entire attempt to secure the release of your fund to you will be in vane. So we wish to advise you that such an illegal act like these have to stop if you wish to receive your payment since we have decided to bring a solution to your problem. Right now we have arranged your payment through our swift card payment center Asia pacific that is the latest instruction from MR. PRESIDENT. ALHAJI UMAR MUSA YARADUA (GCFR) FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA. AND NEWCHAIRMAN ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION(EFCC) MRS FARIDA WAZIRI , which will not involve any fraudulent act or money laundering and because the CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA is running for the yearly payment that's why the order is given,
As well as the INTERPOL and FBI in conjunction with HOMELAND SECURITY so you have absolutely nothing to be afraid of and due the previous scam and fraud act from imposters in our country we have mapped out that this card is sent to your personal address so, This card center will send you an ATM CARD which you will use to withdraw your money in any ATM MACHINE in any part of the world, but the maximum is twenty thousand dollars per day, so if you like to receive your fund this way please let us know by contacting Deputy Governor, Financial Sector Surveillance/the card payment center officer Mr. Tunda Lemo on his,
Contact name: Mr. Tunda Lemo
Email address:::remittancedept_atmpayment@walla.com
Telephone/fax line: +2347087525745
And also send the following information:
1. Your full name
2. Phone and fax number
3. Addresses were you want them to send the ATM card
4. Your age and your current occupation.
5. Attach copy of your identification
The ATM CARD PAYMENT CENTER has been mandated to issue out ($500,000.00) as part payment for this fiscal year 2008/2009 payment year. Also for your information, you have to stop any further communication with any other person(s) or office(s) to avoid any hitches in receiving your Payment. For oral discussion, call and email me back as soon as you receive this important message for further direction and also update me on any development from the above-mentioned office.
Note that because of impostors, we hereby issued you our code of conduct, which is (ATM-811) so you have to indicate this code when contacting the card center by using it as your subject.
Regards,
Mr. Tunda Lemo
OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATION
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

How dumb do they think I am?

WOOHOO‼‼

You're a rich man now! Can you float me an interest-free loan? ;) :p

WOOHOO‼‼

You're a rich man now! Can you float me an interest-free loan? ;) :p

How 'bout some swampland in Florida!

I'll have to wait for another one, but equally as stupid are the ones that start out with, "I blame you for this. You have no one to blame but yourself".

Like I'm gonna open and Email that starts off by criticizing me? And there are others, with absolutely the wrong name, like "Mary Ford". At least get my name right!

I get those all the time. I also have people messaging me on msn or yahoo telling me that they're in trouble in Nigeria and need my help and that they will give me a million dollars if I transfer their 15 million dollars into my account. Yada yada yada....

I dont get spam anymore..
actually, I get hundreds a day..but I never see any of them..
thats the beauty of yahoo email and it fabulous spam folder/filter..

it basically solved my spam problem! :)
I still get literally hundreds a day...but I dont have to see any of them.
I havent looked at, or deleted, a spam message in years..

Scot

It's from "NIGERIA", it mentions "MR. PRESIDENT", the "FBI", and "HOMELAND SECURITY", it must be real! It even specifically says, "so you have absolutely nothing to be afraid of and due the previous scam and fraud act from imposters in our country..."

See, you have nothing to fear and these guys aren't the scammers, the other guys (the "imposters"... geesh they could spell it right at least. LOL) are.

I can't believe you can't see how legit this is! :-))

Fail \ˈfāl\ vb - 4: Be unsuccessful.

:D

I just got one of these from the "United Nations Sweepstakes", seems I've won several million Euros! :banana2:

It's rare when I get these things anymore after leaving AOL but I can't believe people anywhere fall for them.

They spelled where wrong..
stupid email said:
3. Addresses were you want them to send the ATM card

My fiancee went through somewhat of the same deal trying to buy a puppy online through a Craigslist seller. The seller was using a picture which we later found elsewhere on the web posted by the REAL seller.
The guy was in Nigeria and pretended to be a Catholic man on a mission trip with a dog that couldnt take the heat there. He even talked to us on the phone internationally. Needless to say we did some research and discovered his real email and the whole scam issue had been used before and was word for word exactly what he was doing to us. These scammers tell you to send cashiers check and then they will send the puppy... Well be bugged out on him and I had some fun with him pretending to be a new buyer and sending him some harassing emails. Too bad that's the worst I could do to him...

Lol, Halt, they made a lot of typos. For example, they used vane instead of vain, $500,00.00, no commas, etc.

Really? Oh god, i missed that... too much texting :/

How you can not want our US MINT dollars when we are NIGERIA speak english very well it is obvious we do not scam to want to steal from anyone but only to help you transfer our money to your ATM card using FBI and GOVERNMENT. Official bank institute for sending the ATM to you is for real and true...

Seriously though, does stuff like this ever really work?

Seriously though, does stuff like this ever really work?
Did you look at the link that Scot posted? It said that over $15 million is stolen in a given year this way.

:-)) I will never trust any email from nigeria.

That puppy scam reminds me of the photo theft issue I posted a while back. That hatching eggs seller on ebay was using a real breeder's photo from outside of the US. The breed doesn't even exist in the US. I guess they can use that, or similar scams with any animal or merchandise.

It said that over $15 million is stolen in a given year this way.

What I can't figure out is, who on earth is that dumb!?

What I can't figure out is, who on earth is that dumb!?

Well, there all not this pathetic. Some are a lot more convincing and even have some checks with water marks. Basically though, if they ask you to put money into another account by cashing the check, go around them and ask the company they claim to be directly. My mom got one of those checks awhile ago and reported it. it looked 90% real, except the amount of money on the check was unbelievable. :crazy:

You should play with them, try to get them to meet you in person.

Back