What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of the casualties of the tornado that hit this morning

• Thread starter Wolfn
  • Start date

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
This morning, a tornado went through my neighborhood. There was one casualty:

knockedoverplant.jpg

And here's some more damage:

tornadodamage11.jpg

tornadodamage13.jpg

tornadodamage14.jpg

tornadodamage18.jpg

Wow, at least it didn't get blown away. My dad lives in St. Petersburg. He's been getting intermittent power there for a while now. Glad you and your plants are alright though!

Tornadoes are not good.

Glad that you and your family are safe Ahmad.

What damage to your Nep?

Sometimes I miss living in the south and sometimes I don't. I'm glad the damage seems mild.

Tornadoes are not good.

Glad that you and your family are safe Ahmad.

What damage to your Nep?

The Nepenthes tipped over and got uprooted. I had to clip off a lot of damaged leaves and repot the plant.

Wow. I'm glad you are ok. I've always wanted to SEE a tornado. Not be in it...just see it and photograph it or film it. They fascinate me.

Wow. I'm glad you are ok. I've always wanted to SEE a tornado. Not be in it...just see it and photograph it or film it. They fascinate me.

PAK its not fun...ill tell you that. even just seeing it is horrifying because of the things you can imagine going on at ground zero....
having been through about 8 tornadoes myself(lived in florida for 14 years), i know that now when i visit in florida and we have a tornado working, i dont screw around....we got ourselves in some bad situations from just ignoring them.

Glad you're ok Ahmad! I got scared yesterday, it got so dark and erie! I took my pets into the bathroom with me because I really wasn't sure if I was going to get hit by the tornado or not. We didn't get much damage, just some small trees down and branches everywhere. Not looking forward to hurricane season.

Back