Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any food eating habits? :D

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love milk. I probably drink too much. There's about two gallons in the fridge right now, and I'm going to go work in the yard this afternoon - there's a distinct possibility that milk will be gone by tomorrow. I guess I could also call myself a milk connoisseur; my favorite is the cream top whole milk that comes in glass bottles from a local dairy. The grocery co-op down the street carries it, and it tastes much different than ordinary grocery-store milk.
    I used to eat lots of salt, but then I stopped salting foods when I was about 11 or 12. (Now I go for pepper instead... and sometimes hotsauce. I probably get a significant amount of sodium just from the hotsauce...) Incidentally, I have dangerously low cholesterol; after my last blood test my doctor told me that I needed to increase my intake of bad cholesterol (my good cholesterol is low as well, but just a few points within acceptable.) I guess I get a lot of fiber or something in my diet. I try to eat junk food, but it makes me feel crummy.
    I had a friend that, when we were young, would only eat things that were white. When he would come over to my house to spend the night, we would eat french bread with butter and garlic, white corn, pasta, chicken, etc. I think once we did pizza but it couldn't have cheddar cheese or toppings on it; just mozzarella and pizza sauce. I never understood food aversions as a child - I used to eat everything. I had a bad encounter with fish sticks when I was six or seven and for a time, the smell of fish was very unpalatable, but after living in the Northwest for a while I got hooked on salmon and developed a taste for seafood again.
    Whenever I buy Ben and Jerry's (I don't eat ice cream often so I get the good stuff) I have to buy more than one flavor. Just a portion of one kind is some kind of overstimulation - I need contrast to tone it down.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I eat fast. I'll run to lunch at my school and finish before most people get to the cafeteria, then go hang out in the bandroom for 30 minutes
    Insanity is a sane response to an insane world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just eat fast then play basketball.

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepfreak View Post
    I eat fast. I'll run to lunch at my school and finish before most people get to the cafeteria, then go hang out in the bandroom for 30 minutes
    For a moment I thought you wrote, "...then go hang out in the bathroom for 30 minutes." To which I would've said, "You need to re-evaluate your dietary habits."
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the same thing and would have recommended therapy. On the other hand, maybe 30 minutes in the bandroom warrants therapy too. At my final high school, I didn't eat lunch and spent the time talking with one of the shop teachers. Therapy might have been appropriate for that too.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can never get enough to drink. I can be stuffed to the brim full of food but can still down whatever beverage is up for grabs. I think my best/worst day was over summer when I had 9L of water in one day (on top of whatever I had after work that day). I normally only go through 4L a day during summer. Even when I go to my favorite restaurant the waitress brings me a glass of whatever I ordered and sets a pitcher of it on the table. For this reason, among many, I think I'm going to stay away from the -OH groups... haha
    Trying to rebuild. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Grow/Want List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can`t drink milk anymore, when i was working for dairy queen, every time i made a mistake in an order, i`d take the wasted cone/blizzard and put it in the back freezer and eat it later on... Abusing of this has made me LACTOSE INTOLERANT! I`ll always remember the day i chugged a glass of milk, and my insides felt like armageddon had arrived... To this day (8 years later) i am still lactose intolerant, but can consume small amounts without adverse effect.
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boyfriend is like seedjar about milk, and has been all his life. And it seems to have had the side-effect of making his bones abnormally dense, he weighs more than anybody ever guesses looking at him.

I love milk but not quite to that degree.
    I make fuzzy things.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast