What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any food eating habits? :D

• Thread starter Halt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    melt
When YOU, not your plants, eat food is there anything that you need with it, like soda, CHEESE (x3333), or Milk...etc?

For me, I melt cheese on everything I eat. x33 I'm not crazy, its just everything has taste, but its so boring. I love cheese.I'm not :crazy: I bet you guys have weirder things yourself.

(If you don't have any, what do you do with your plants? I would soooo melt cheese on betta bites.)

Eww, so you eat cookies, soup and pizza with melted cheese on top? :0o: oh wait pizza already has cheese on it, my bad :D

I eat my Food in this order: Vegetables, meat, rice, juice.

Salt. I LOVE salt. I put salt on almost anything. But really, I just love mixing everything up.
I LOVE drinking water right after I eat chocolate. It really hits the spot.
I chew my ice cream and gelatiin. People say I'm weird doing that. o_O
I eat 59,832 pounds of ice every day.
When I eat breakfast, I guzzle down my drink first, then eat.

:3

Let me rephrase that, I put cheese (x3) on everything, not a dessert. ;)

On soup, i stir it in. :D

Salts bad for you in high amounts. Also when I eat something sweet i get a massive craving for salty stuff, and vice versa, and the water is the end to the cravings.

I'm only nagging you because i care about you :) *hugs cap*

Ah yes i must mention i put salt on everything too :D high five cap!

i dont like salty food.......i grew up on home cooked meals and didnt have something like McDonalds till i was 12(thought my uncle was trying to poison me when he took me there......dont know what in the hell they gave me but it wasnt like any hamburger i ever tasted)......and my parents viewed salt as something to be added at the table and not to the dish unless you specifically needed it for the recipe.....so i seem to be one of the few of my generation that really doesnt care for much salt......infact my diet is devoid of it enough that i get cramps due to lack of it on occasion.....

im told i eat like i spent time in the army infantry, i can devour a huge meal in record time......this goes back to growing up fairly poor with 6 ppl at the dinner table.....there was always enough for everyone to have a plate full but often times on one or two ppl could have seconds.....rule was first come first serve......i was a growing boy and just got used to eating fast if i wanted to eat my fill......

if ive got a choice i tend to have milk with near every meal........oh and im a gravy fanatic.....i love good gravy(beef/turkey/chicken/golden mushroom....whatever) on homemade bread.......my wife shakes her head cause ill darn near spend more time getting my gravy ready than i do preparing the rest of the meal......i also will make darn near anything into a sandwich though my lil brother has taken it to an art form......i watched him eat an entire thanksgiving meal between slices of bread.....except the desert....but all the sides were included

I always finish my drink last and have at least twice as much food as everyone else.

I'll put anything between two peices of bread.

Me too, I put raw fish in a sandwich once with barbeque sauce and cheese.

Careful with all that salt boys & girls. My old man is a salt fanatic, he salts most all foods but not excessively like I've seen people do at restaurants. Salt has nearly cost him his life. Having two open heart surgeries within a year of each other and still thinking he can still eat salty stuff and the docs won't know... Then his feet swell up to twice their normal size and he retains any liquids he drinks and can't walk very far. UNLESS he curbs his salt intake, then he's basically fine. So like smoking, the salt can catch up to ya. Unlike cigs, nobody's put a ban on salt so it's free to kill. It is a necessary mineral but not in the amounts the average person seems to consume. I just read in the paper that kids are eating so much salt and drinking so much soda these days that the ERs are seeing tons of kids with kidney stones! Something nobody of my generation or older ever had to think about until middle age or later. I never really liked salt so I don't hardly ever use it. The can of Sea Salt in my cupboard just might go to an heir! :D

My worst eating habit is probably eating the same things all the time, I'm lazy so I cook up a whole lot of something easy and eat it for a week. I enjoy cooking and tasting the exotic foods my co-workers eat. I think if I had some recipe books maybe I could have more variety. But it's just hard to get me excited about it - kinda like doing laundry. Do it all at once quickly and be done with it!

I gave up my favorite soda Code Red Mt. Dew. Oh I liked the green for my first 20+ years or so but once they came out with Code Red, I quit drinking anything else for a long time. For the last 3-4 years though I just drink tap water, I've always got a bottle. I drink the toxic stuff that comes out of my very own city's water supply (sometimes it smells like onions). Comedian Kyle Grooms said his mother called it "city punch" - lol! I freeze 3 half empty liter bottles tipped on their sides and rotate them all day so I can have ice water at any/all times. I get heart burn from warm water, brown colas (pepsi/coke) and alcohol. So if I don't drink ice water I have a Kona coffee. I started drinking this a while ago. I often forget about the coffee so I usually have to reheat one cup up to 4 times before I finish it all.

I also do the anything between two slices of bread thing. One of the best is a baked bean sandwich (with mustard) and another old favorite is a spaghetti sandwich. I still like Thanksgiving dinner between slices of bread, but leave out the turkey since going vegetarian.

I used to do the Thanksgiving dinner sandwich all the time. Best way to use up the leftovers. Especially if you have rolls. Just cut the rolls in half and pile everything on. Yummy.

Weirdly enough, though I love piling odd things together in sandwiches, when I have food on a plate, it can't touch. I have a whole lot of little pseudo-OCD things like that. No food touching, I have to have one bite of each thing left at the end, so I can take one last bite of each. (Unless I don't like it, then I eat it all first, so that the later stuff gets the taste out of my mouth. Which leads people to think I love foods I actually dislike, since I wolf them down first thing.) And I have to eat candies in a specific way, especially colored assortments like skittles or MnMs or Jelly Bellies.

I'm a little weird. :D But then I wouldn't be here if I wasn't, now would I?

swords.......for the lazy ppl a crock pot is the way to go.....dump everything in, turn it on, come back in 6-8 hours and your ready to eat......ive got two of them :D

also if your looking at buying recipe books, anything by Taste of Home is bound to be a good one.....the recipes tend to be simple and straight forward and they are pretty easy to get to come out right......

CHOCOLATE MILK. I have that with almost every meal at home. I also finish my drink before I finish eating, and if I'm eating something really hot, I wish I didn't finish the drink so quick. My brother puts butter on everything. We have this sprayable butter stuff, and he puts it on chicken, rice, broccoli, beef... I don't know why, heh. Sometimes I eat only vegitarian food for a day without even realizing it.

Good thing i'm not used to salt either, any food made at home as little salt, and I never re-salt. I hate salty food, and I don't drink soda as the CO2 makes me tear.

Also i dislike sweet foods, such as sweet chicken or othrt meats.

I chew water and other various liquids.

Back