1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's part education and part fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE best CP forum that ever (and will ever) exist(ed). My second home also, in many ways...
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TerraForums is the cool side of the pillow on a hot summer night.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, Terraforums is a forum.

Well, more like a digital library where one can retreat to during times of great stress (such as a prized Cephalotus dying for no good reason and you don't know why) and find information (such as why your prized Cephalotus is dying, hypothetically speaking).
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course I came here originally to get help growing Neps but it's a great place to enjoy discussing all sorts of things, sometimes with absolutely no relation to plants.

I enjoy reading how people interpret news, politics, religion, etc. from their own reality tunnels. Many times their ideas are far out in comparison to my own (which are usually far out to most others) but for me that's what makes it interesting - this "clash of worlds" I call it. I can say our non-plant discussions have contributed greatly in my ability to create characters for fictional stories by being able to imagine how someone of a worldview vastly divergent from my own might deal with such and such a situation. So I guess I guess the General Forums is not only fun but also my sociology/psychology lab!

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to me, its just a cool place to read, "talk" and virtually "chill" with other people of the same interestes. I spend way to much time here, and enjoy every second of it!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Good question Halt.

TF is not "a forum"...it's a community comprised of the most amazing people. I've laughed here, I've cried here, I've gotten angry... and I've debated and seen another point of view and met others who share mine. I've seen kids grow up here, members get married and have the cutest babies. I've known members who were sick, depressed, celebrating a new job, announcing a birth, a birthday, lamenting a job loss, mourning a death, whooping about a graduation. I've seen members here rally around another member in need of comfort or encouragement. I've seen people leave and many of them come back "home."

AND...I've learned a TON of plant growing information, CP and non-CP. There are some very talented growers (and photographers!) who share endlessly their growing know-how.

TF is a very special place. So many, many thanks for Phil who got P.O.ed at GardenWeb and started TF and to Andrew who has generously allowed to TF to continue and grow. He works very hard to keep this place spiffy and up-to-date.

TF is...a very very special place. There are SO many people here I call a "friend" as mean it as much as anyone I know in person. You'll notice so many people say they spend "too much time here." That's the draw of a place that is more than just a discussion board. It's place where you are comfortable, where you can pull up a chair and talk plants or about life. TF IS "home." :-)
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHA Halt, yes, when i am here, i definately 'should' be working, however circumstances allow me the freedom between calls to chat away! (I work night shifts in an insurance call center, no calls no work...)

But Terraforums started off as a resource center for all my cp needs, being new to the hobby, TF is THE reason why I am doing so well growing these great plants! I have to thank a good number of you for your patientce and willingness to share info!
    But for the past 6 months, it has become a meeting place, I come to chat, I`ve never been really big on posting, but simply because I don`t want to give some info that could be misleading, considering I am still in my first year growing (plants alltogether, not just cp`s)
    Like PAK says, I as well have had some great experiences here with a number of you. I`ve made friendships that are just as strong as those I have at home. Terraforums is definately a community, and not just a forum. We may be separated by thousands of kilometers (or miles if you prefer, it`s the same distance ), but I feel at home when I`m here, with you guys right there beside me.
    Thank you Anderw for your hard work and efforts, what TF has brought to me, is absolutely irreplacable, and thank you to all others who put in their time making this site what it is.
    Happy Growing and share the wealth
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast