What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

r_miller

Newbie CP grower
Things have been warming up here in Rhode Island, and the plants have been waking up from the long winter.
DSCF0185.jpg

A Drosera rotundifolia in the Great Swamp, the first one up for the year.
DSCF0112.jpg

My capensis is finally putting out nice colorful leaves, the pale ones can be seen in the background.
DSCF0187.jpg

As soon as the weather turned the sanguinea has been putting the pitchers out left and right. This little thing is a beast.
DSCF0190.jpg

Finally, my N. truncata "Pasian Highland" recently put this pitcher out that it has been inflating all winter long. I'm surprised at how much more developed it is compared to the last pitcher.

I also have a S. purpurea from Lowes that is taking a long time to come out of dormancy. Is this normal? I've noticed since I've started watering now it is getting a bit of color.

Very nice! I love your sanguinea. Lot better than mine. :I I would wait a bit longer for the purp.

Cute little rotund you have there!

Nice to see everything coming to life. If your place has longer winters than their native habitat they will wake up later, my flava has just woken up and is sending up it's first pitcher of the season.

I'm pretty sure there are some purps growing back in the Great Swamp where I found the sundews.

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Back