User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Do I Never Find CP Seedlings....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't got anything except little green stringy weed things. I found some earwigs in an old bag of sphagnum though. I'd like to see a mushroom sprout in my sphagnum. Never grown a mushroom before, lol.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moo if you hook up an air intake that pulls air from outside and blows it into your highland Nep terrarium you'll get all sorts of stuff popping up. Ferns, mushrooms, liverworts, all sorts of moss, etc. I live by a forest though so this may have affected the sorts of spores my intake fan pulled in.

Mushrooms actually kinda suck when they pop up in a pot cos it takes forever to get rid of them. I don't know if I ever got rid of them from my N. hamata pot which also got infested by Drosera adelae - which I didn't own! So it must've come in on some live moss from another plant and when I inoculated the hamata pot with diced up live moss the D. adelae seed or something must've been on there ready to pop up. The mushrooms I got in my highland chamber weren't interesting ones, just very tall thin stems and a tiny cap about 1/8". I've had some rather neat mushrooms pop up in the orchid bark substrate of my Anole terrarium. Large dayglo orange colored ones that have like "shingles" on the cap and some short grayish white ones. They only last a day or so then they dry up.

I remember the first time I ever encountered Utricularia gibba. I was into Amano style aquatic plant aquariums and there was this dastardly filamentous algae tormenting me that was just awful. It grew interminably long and very fast. It had all these tiny "balls" along it's length. Nobody on the aquatic plant forums had any idea what it was. I tore the infested tank down and re-setup several times, there it was after a month or two popping up again and again! Finally I tore down the tank and threw out every plant and piece of wood and setup from absolute scratch again. It was finally gone. Then I got the Savage Garden book in 1999 or 2000 and found out, it wasn't algae! It was likely growing so good cos I only fed my killifish live foods and the killie fry baby brine shrimps, the "algae" was likely eating a lot of the fry food!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I ever see is sedge. Maybe a switch in brands will have something neat in it.

Hort. School dropout X 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see what i have found in long fibered sphagnum moss.Mosser lee brand. i have found purps that I have tried to revive with no success, some kind of low growing bushy thing hasbn't flowered yet may be a blue berry
    New Zealand: some kind of plant that starts out looking like a succulent but when it gets about 6 inches tall becoms all pricky (gorsk? sp)some sort of grass gets at least 18 inches tall.
    somethin more recentis a grassy plants that roots whereever it puts the tip of the grass on the media kinda like a walking iris but a grass. Several types of carex.

Once received some rotundifolia from some lady in Maine who rescues plants before they are bulldozed under for new roadways . she used LiveSM to pack the plants, the rotundifolia were incidental
    Every seed that you plant ,doesn't sprout.
    Every seed that sprouts, doesn't make it to maturity.
    Every cutting that you stick doesn't grow roots.
    Every cutting that roots doesn't grow to a small plant.
    Every small plant doesn't reach maturity.

Who needs speelcheck?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to use slightly moist LFS for packing plants as well, let alone as plant medium. There's just never any CP's in the stuff I've bought.

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have gotten D. Cape from SC, an some unknown Drosera's from CA, and a mystery Nep in some Live SM from Hawaii
    that i just found 2 days ago
    Daren

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i found this Nep seedling buried in the live sphagnum moss i got from Sam (*******) a few months ago
    i replanted it to give it some more light
    ;D

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theyellowdart View Post
    Barry always has some kind of strange occurrence to tell about. lol
    Yeah, I think he was the same clown who supposedly fed some of his dead skin flakes to a Dionaea. His future in politics may be in doubt . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast