What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken Ankle

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
Last night I was running, and slipped, and I went to the hospital To see, and they are pretty sure i have a broken ankle:-(

That sucks, I broke my ankle a couple of years ago playing disc golf (don't ask)... I hope it heals quickly!

Woo, broken ankle club! I busted my right ankle in my martial arts class two or three years back. I busted my fibula, tibia and talus simultaneously - they all broke along the same plane as my ankle rotated. My surgeon said he'd never seen anything like it. If they put you in a cast, make sure to do your physical therapy when it comes off. You don't want to end up walking all lopsided! I didn't pay enough attention to it when I got out of my cast/splints - I retained a lot of my mobility so my doctors didn't emphasize PT as much as they maybe should have. Now two or so years later my knee and lower back are all screwy because I'm still favoring my right side slightly. Take it from me; it's much easier to fix if you're proactive!
Get well soon!
~Joe

Take it from me; it's much easier to fix if you're proactive!
Get well soon!

+1 every time I do squats at the gym my ankle hurts like crazy... rehab it correctly!

Of course! It's almost summer right?

I did that a number of times as a kid cos I was into skateboarding. I never quite broke it (well, I never went to the doc anyway to find out if it was broken) but I ruined a good month of my summers more than a few times. My right ankle bone sticks out funny now compared to the left so maybe it did break at some time and I just treated it as a regular bad sprain?

I hope you heal quick and get to enjoy your full summer vacation!

What a shame. I've never broken a bone, but I've gotten pretty close. I had a bicycle accident (as in me, getting hit by a car) in Sept.

It seems like everyone around here is using crutches at least once a year. Silly sports.

Get better soon!

i fractured a bone in my foot a few years ago, well a hairline fracture never went to the doc and i ended up in the long run having a problem with my right foot every so often now a days hope ya get better soon though

i have possibly broken tons of fingers playing basketball and soccer (im a goalie haha, we use hands). My pinkies have been especially hurt and malformed, one is longer than the other and the shorter one is way fatter. One of the knuckles on the "fat" one is below the actual "bend" in the bone as well. My hands are all screwed up haha.

I just realized the "bend" in the bone term im looking for was JOINT! Alright, im smart. Sorry, im a little tired.

Hope you heal asap!

That sucks, the closest I ever got to breaking a bone was breaking my brother,s. I was catching fire flies and my brother was chasing me trying to get to go to bed, and he tripped. He broke his arm. If cutting your head open 3 times (twice in the same spot) and leaving an indent in your skull counts as a "break" then maybe I did.

I am so sorry to hear that. Broken bones suck. I hope it doesn't hurt too much and take care of it so there are no lasting effects.

Keep us updated.

It turns out it was a sprain... i had to go to an orthopedic because of growth plates, and the hospital thought it was broken. happy for that part. Also, im starting to walk without crutches on it

I'm glad it was just a sprain. But you still have to be careful and let it heal well.

I went to a walk-in clinic Tues. nite because I was really sick and they tried to tell me I had appendicitis. That is the second time that's happened there. I refused to go the ER because I knew that was not correct.

I'm glad to hear it was just a sprain. Be careful :)

Back