Thread: swine flu - too close to home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    I personally agree with you cap.
    I think you mean Est. :P
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh sorry
    reading this crap on a cellphone is difficult at times
    i think it was Est XP

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    calm down everyone. Its another flu, its all good. As BB (?) said, thousands of people die from "regular" flu, and Mexico is in serious turmoil at the moment. A country on the brink of a civil-war, that just had a 5.8 earthquake, is poor, and largely uneducated since the whoel cartel thing become so lucrative is no place to be if you develop a potentialy life threatning disease. In the Us, we have vaccines and stuff to sure it. No problem. No worries.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, my mom started telling me about this the other night. As soon as she started going on about it I just said "Don't want to hear about it." To which she responded "They're saying it might be the next pandemic!"

I've been through the mad cow disease and bird flu scares. Definitely not gonna freak out over this. If we consider the numbers 64 cases in the US and 300000000 people living here. that means that it is currently affecting less than .0000213 percent of the population. In California, the number skyrockets to an astounding .0000272 percent.

Call me a nihilist, but I don't see the point in freaking out over this. I hate when the media does this crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first off would you individuals say there is a vaccine knock it off.....there is no vaccine against it....it just recently popped up and it takes atleast 8 months to get a vaccine online......however if you get it diagnosed with in the first 36 hours it responds real well to antiviral meds and they will usually kick it out of your system....after 48 hours your treating symptoms cause there aint jack you can do about the virus

and its just another bad strain of the flu.....its going to affect some worse than others, it will kill a few ppl....i doubt its the next pandemic though who knows cause its not if thats going to happen but when.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man...right now although there aren't any cases confirmed in Arizona, two samples have been sent to the CDC.And rattler is right; there isn't a vaccine yet, and even if one is made, there's no telling if the virus will change it's DNA.

I myself am sick right now, but I know it ain't the swine flu.

Plus, Halt I hope your friend is doing alright!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceCarny View Post
    man...right now although there aren't any cases confirmed in Arizona, two samples have been sent to the CDC.And rattler is right; there isn't a vaccine yet, and even if one is made, there's no telling if the virus will change it's DNA.

I myself am sick right now, but I know it ain't the swine flu.

Plus, Halt I hope your friend is doing alright!
    I was terribly sorry to read of Halt's friend's illness but much of this alarm is a bit premature for the public at large; and it turns out that anti-virals such as Tamiflu are effective against H1N1. There is a run on those drugs now, especially where there may be an outbreak in NYC . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the number one reason there has been no vaccine for this strain is that they dont watch swine flus like they do the avian flus.....the swine ones dont jump to ppl as easily.....two, they tend to watch Asia, not Mexico as most the major heavy duty flu viruses start off in Asia and work their way here....so this one seems to have caught them by surprise a bit......

from what ive seen so far this appears to be a potent strain but not horribly so, if more ppl start dropping off like flies ill reassess the situation......and im one of the high risk groups that have big problems with the major flus as my lungs are a tad screwy......so far i aint any more worried bout this one than any of the other major flu strains that hits out shores......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast