Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: swine flu - too close to home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not worried, I've already been sick with the cold & flu for two weeks! It's just about gone for me. I'm glad to be done with the cold pills, I'm finally awake again!

I'm rarely around large masses of people, the six other people in the mail room is my largest contact with others outside the grocery store. If I took public transport and lived in a city swarming with people (like where my dad lives-standing room only) I might be more concerned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts of the T-virus come to mind.. Heh.
    The following statement is true.
    The above statement is false.
    My growing growlist of growing things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    strange because i saw a couple websites saying the swine flu is sensitive to 2 of the flu vaccines, i worded it wrong. oseltamivir (Tamiflu) and zanamivir (Relenza)
    In a country with relatively good medical care, (maybe not when it comes to insurance and crap hahah) i seriously doubt that this is going to reach the size to be called a pandemic...with only 64 reported cases or so, so far....

BANNED
    Kansas / So If you Find Me You better shoot fatser Then Me !!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by obregon562 View Post
    calm down everyone. Its another flu, its all good. As BB (?) said, thousands of people die from "regular" flu, and Mexico is in serious turmoil at the moment. A country on the brink of a civil-war, that just had a 5.8 earthquake, is poor, and largely uneducated since the whoel cartel thing become so lucrative is no place to be if you develop a potentialy life threatning disease. In the Us, we have vaccines and stuff to sure it. No problem. No worries.
    UUMMMMM sorry frankie if i am as stupid as this comes out ......... There is no cure or vaccines for swine flue ......as it affcets eldery an people an others with comprimised immune systems .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all my environmental/occupational health classes that I have taken, I must have heard the following dozens and dozen of times:
    "The young, the old, and the immunocompromised..."

If numerous people outside those categories^ start dying in the US, I'll start worrying....
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think the media is hyping it up. Maybe they think if they don't, some people won't be as careful?

I'm already the next thing to a germaphobe... So I'm no more paranoid over this than the common cold. LOL I avoid public restrooms as much as possible, and if I do have to use one I touch the door handles and the stall doors all with tissues and paper towels, scrub my hands at the sink like there's no tomorrow, and turn the faucet off and open the door with another clean tissue. Did you know there is more harmful bacteria in the average person's mouth then is on the entire surface of a live chicken! That's disgusting! Think about people who use their hand instead of the elbow to cover a cough or sneeze. Then they go through the stores touching food and everything else. yuck It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

"Oh, now he's a philosophizer" Baylorguy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt View Post
    My friend has it, shes in the Hospital atm.. but my friend said that kids immune systems are stronger so she prob. won't die.
    Actually I believe the opposite is true. In general, kids have not had the time to fight off as many sicknesses as adults have, thus adults are able to handle something like this more effectively. At least that is what I heard. I am by no means a medical expert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a suspected case of the swine flu in the next town over. Lucky dogs don't have school for the rest of the week.
    My Grow-List!
    "Somewhere in Texas a village is missing its idiot"
    -----------------------Unknown Bumper-Sticker-----

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast