What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the swine flu and chem trail connection

• Thread starter losfreddy
  • Start date
One of my professors, who is also state epidemiologist, says this is like watching a tropical depression forming during hurricane season. The conditions could allow it to develop into a catastrophe, but it could turn into nothing. It's too early too know, so just be prepared.

A perfect analogy!!! Thank you Bruce.

Thank you for your report, Citizen. Unfortunately, your team is not equipped to handle the additional threat. Do not engage these additional threats and proceed only with your original mission. An additional mission will be scheduled as soon as possible.

You may not know me.... but I know you,

Ministerium für Staatssicherheit

I wonder how long it will take before managers start hearing "Sorry I am late... but with the swine flu and all, traffic was bad."

Though I am joking, I would not be a bit surprised.

Looks like between Pyro & Bella, the spectrum of responses has been covered pretty well.

On a related note, sometime in the last few months, I read an article on a guy who was setting up an 'early detection' system for viruses that have the potential to cause pandemics (naturally - my 1st look around was unable to locate the article). IIRC, these mini-surveillance outposts were being installed in specific rural (very rural) tropical areas (like where ebola is hiding...)(apparently the combination of a hot, year-round environment and poor people eating under-cooked critters facilitates the jump between species). Upon reading the article, I was struck by how much sense it makes to try to get ahead of a severe outbreak. Thinking about that, one might think our government (who is fond of spending gobs of our $$ on all kinds of stuff) would support the initiative - nope. IIRC - the major support has come from Google (go figure!).

Edit: did a few internet searches & found this article - which is not the one I read but contains a link to The Global Viral Forecasting Initiative which is apparently the organization which was the topic of the article I read ...

Unrelated side comment: Lost Freddy - you really should consider modifying your diet of reading material (ie: more fact, less hyperbole).

I believe it's time for the aluminum foil hats

I already have mine on... everytime I turn this blasted box on. Who knows what kind of radiation is radiating out from it!!!!

I already have mine on... everytime I turn this blasted box on. Who knows what kind of radiation is radiating out from it!!!!

Ok, I tell this story frequently but...

My dad is a computer guy, so I got my own computer really early on. The monitor that I used for the first... 4 years or so? was one of those really old CRTs. New CRTs are really nice- this thing was a clunker. On the bottom left of the screen read in fancy cursive "Low Radiation".

Explains a lot, doesn't it?

At work tonight our job handed out the "WORLD HEALTH ALERT: PANDEMIC PREPAREDNESS PACKET" with our paychecks. It has info on what items to stock up on incase the WHO closes stores and in the event people are quarantined to their homes. and other interesting / "panic inducing" reading material. Most of my co-workers can't read english so we just told them it was what to do if you're sick. The rest of us had a great time pointing and laughing at things in the packet.

It also had some things to fill in so I filled mine in with all the right information incase I need to be taken care of...

Emergency Contact: Pizza & Pasta Delivery Hotline
Non-local Contact: John S Bell (inventor of Bell's theorem of non-local connection)
Physician: Dr. Benway (William S Burroughs' evil doctor character)
Pharmacy: --------'s house
Hospital: Sacred Heart (Scrubs TV show)
and so on.

I only regret we didn't have to turn them in. I love screwing with the HR people and writing insane stuff in the lines provided. :D

Haha, swords. That's funny stuff. HR people need to laugh a little sometimes.

xvart.

(i.e. If you are sick and your brother just got back from spring break in Mexico and he is sick, you ought to go to the Dr. Flipside being if you are sick and you have not been to Mexico and none of your friends have been to Mexico and none of your friends friends have been to Mexico and no one else you know is sick... Odds are pretty good you do not have this flu...)

For a minute I was thinking, "Who's 'Dr. Flipside?'"
Otherwise, a very level assessment. Nicely done Pyro.
~Joe

300-400 people a WEEK die in this country (USA) from the regular flu. All i got to say.

This was yesterday, but I don't believe in chemtrails. That cloud formation with the one comtrail sure does look like strategically placed chemtrails though huh? I actually wouldn't doubt if this photo is taken by someone and used to "prove" that the govt. is blanketing us with something lol (please don't steal my photo :p )
Andrew

Those look like nothing more then contrails to me. IMHO, at that altitude the dispersion rate would be unreal. Way too many variables to accurately predict coverage or dispersion rates.

I can remember when I was younger and much dumber... the paraquat days of the late 70's, man that was some rough stuff

And of course I have some mates who suffer pretty severily from agent orange...

But right or wrong, both of these were really instances of collateral damage

Since the early days of the space race we have been rained upon with nuclear/chemical fallout from Russian satillites during re-entry, IIRC traces can now be found in every human on earth.
e.g.,
Cosmos 954
Cosmos-1402
Salyut 7
etc. etc. etc

Av

Since the early days of the space race we have been rained upon with nuclear/chemical fallout from Russian satillites during re-entry, IIRC traces can now be found in every human on earth.
e.g.,
Cosmos 954
Cosmos-1402
Salyut 7
etc. etc. etc

Av

And let us not forget all the rads from all the nukes that were test detonated. :)

While we are at it let us all freak out about that obnoxious source of radiation that bombards us 8-16 hours a day... And all the deuterium and tritium in the water... And we absolutely have to do away with bananas, cause who knows how long it will take the naturally occurring potassium isotopes in them to create a mutant that starts doing this: :banana2:

I'm taking liquid potassium for weight loss, so I'm safe. :p

I'm taking arsenic for my complexion, so I'm probably safe too.

Back