Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but I doubt they know the difference between a cobra and a vft.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that one would be tagged "venus fly trap" and the other would be tagged "cobra lilly" I really suspect they could tell. I don't doubt he had no idea what they were when I first mentioned them, but given that he found them in his list of products, and correctly called them "cobra lillies" throughout our discussion...

I mean is there a reason you want to insult some random store employee? I'm finding it more than a little rude and pointless. I know that Lowe's gets in cobra lillies because somebody here, who definitely knows what they are, bought some at Lowe's, and I really don't think the guy I talked to was so stupid that he couldn't read the words in his own computer system.

If you're trying to make me feel better, you're not. I really dislike people who put down store employees as idiots, just because they're working a minimum wage job. I've worked some of those jobs myself, and I didn't like it when people treated me like I was stupid then, and I still don't like it now.
    I make fuzzy things.

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bladespark View Post
    Given that one would be tagged "venus fly trap" and the other would be tagged "cobra lilly" I really suspect they could tell. I don't doubt he had no idea what they were when I first mentioned them, but given that he found them in his list of products, and correctly called them "cobra lillies" throughout our discussion...

I mean is there a reason you want to insult some random store employee? I'm finding it more than a little rude and pointless. I know that Lowe's gets in cobra lillies because somebody here, who definitely knows what they are, bought some at Lowe's, and I really don't think the guy I talked to was so stupid that he couldn't read the words in his own computer system.

If you're trying to make me feel better, you're not. I really dislike people who put down store employees as idiots, just because they're working a minimum wage job. I've worked some of those jobs myself, and I didn't like it when people treated me like I was stupid then, and I still don't like it now.
    Woah! Hold on a second!

When did I call anyone stupid or an idiot? How am I in any way putting down a store employee just because he/she makes minimum wage? You took what I said way out of context and I suggest you calm down.

I simply suggested that the average person does not know the difference between different types of carnivorous plants. It is not a common knowledge subject, which is something you apparently did not know.
    How do you expect me to know that the employee looked up the plants in the stores computer? You failed to include that vital piece of information which you are now attacking me with.

I'm not going to argue with you or try to explain what I wrote any further because it is not worth it. I'm sure everyone else who read my post knew what I meant and that I was not insulting anyone or putting anyone down because of where they work and how much money they make. Why would I insult someone in that manner for no reason anyway? I have absolutely no reason to... not only because I'm a nice person, but also because I work for minimum wage just like you did.

Quite frankly, you are being completely and utterly ridiculous.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol NaN if you do it right, even the crappiest condition CPs in those death cubes can be saved...
    let us recall my major lowes rescue last May where i saved like....600$ worth the CPs and 95% survived....only casualties were some D. adelae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bladespark View Post

And actually Blade, let us recall many of the issues with Age3 starts plants, or the deroose controversy
    Many plants, such as N. miranda, N. rafflesiana, or N. ventricosa being sold as N. alata, or a horrible typo such as N. alta.
    I have personally seen, on numerous occasions, with death cubes plants, plants that are misslabled
    For example....
    an S. rubra labled "cobra plant"
    or a N. ventricosa labled as "N. rafflesiana"
    Dart wasnt trying to be rude, but he is being very honest in the fact that most lowes employees couldnt tell you the difference, since i have taken CPs to school on numerous occasions, mainly neps, and had people refer to them as "venus flytraps" because that is a name commonly assosciated with CPs....Dont jump to conclusions he wasnt trying to be rude

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attack? *blink* Ooooooooooooookay. No attack whatsoever was meant.

I just really can't think of any reason for your insisting, despite my trying to say otherwise, that some person you've never met must be ignorant.
    I make fuzzy things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    see.. that`s the problem with text, you can`t see the intention behind someone`s words.
    I do have to agree with theyellowdart though, i have called a number of places looking for cp`s, and sadly most of them are completely oblivious to them. And i`m sorry, but it kind of does imply that some, not all, low wage employees at stores like this, just don`t know of or about cp`s. (these people aren`t nursery plant growers or horticulturists, they are everyday joe`s and jane`s trying to make a buck)
    theyellowdart was probably relating to a past experience, as i am now, so not all people are ignorant, but you have to admit, this hobby is not your typical hobby.
    Maybe i should have just kept to myself, but i needed to share my opinion, as it is my right.
    Cheers
    Steven
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pfft.

This hobby is SO your typical hobby! Change out the plant names for snake names and replace Lowe's with Petsmart and I've seen this exact same discussion on snake keeping forums. Or swap out some of the more unusual fabrics I've used on my projects and talk about JoAnn fabrics and you could have a costuming community.

You guys act exactly like every other hobbyist group I've ever run into.
    I make fuzzy things.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast