Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I`m sorry you feel that way, there`s no act though, people are entitled to opinions, and if you don`t like them, well feel free to word it!
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bladespark View Post
    Given that one would be tagged "venus fly trap" and the other would be tagged "cobra lilly" I really suspect they could tell. I don't doubt he had no idea what they were when I first mentioned them, but given that he found them in his list of products, and correctly called them "cobra lillies" throughout our discussion...
    BTW: the correct spelling in context of plants is "lily" plural "lilies". It comes from the Latin word "lilium".

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lily
    1: any of a genus (Lilium of the family Liliaceae, the lily family) of erect perennial leafy-stemmed bulbous herbs that are native to the temperate northern hemisphere and are widely cultivated for their showy flowers ; broadly : any of various plants of the lily family or of the related amaryllis or iris families.
    "Lilly" (with two Ls after the "i") is either a surname or the diminutive form of the female first name "Lillian".

If they aren't getting more than I guess you can't say that the Lowes definitely has them or at least the store in question.

Google "cobra plants" and you'll find several reputable online sources for these plants. Andrew doesn't carry them. You'll get a larger, healthier plant then you'd get from a "death cube".

And from my experience the workers at Lowes don't know even what a carnivorous plant is. Nor did they know what I was talking about when asking about peat moss without fertilizer.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! I work part time at Home Depot. They bring in some CP's, though not to the extent that Lowes does. The average typical garden associate is NOT at all knowledgeable about how to care for CP's. They do not open the cubes or domes. They receive way insufficient lighting. Even if they do open them to water, they use tap water. If you don't buy something within a couple days of shipment you will be left with a light-starved, neglected plant that will have to be nursed back to health. As stated earlier, it can be done. I've done it. The only Cobra Lily that has ever done well has been one that wasn't a Lowes / Botanical Wonders / TC clone. I got mine from a hobbyist in Oregon. Not sure where he got it from, though!

I've had this plant for 2 dull years, now, and this is a new flower emerging:

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attack? *blink* Ooooooooooooookay. No attack whatsoever was meant.
    Unfortunately, that's how it came across.

I just really can't think of any reason for your insisting, despite my trying to say otherwise, that some person you've never met must be ignorant.
    Once again, when did I ever use those words? Go back and read my post. It doesn't say "Those stupid, ignorant, idiots have no idea what they're talking about... they need to stop working at Lowe's and get a real job." It was simply a suggestion that not everyone knows the difference between different types of carnivorous plants. Key word being suggestion.

Also, I was not insisting anything. I was elaborating on what I wrote in my previous post because I did not think you understood what I was trying to say. (apparently you still don't)

You guys act exactly like every other hobbyist group I've ever run into.
    How is that? Because we are being nice and using our valuable time trying to help you out? The only reason we answered in this thread (that YOU created) was to help, obviously not to bash people that work at a store.
    When you make statements like that, it doesn't make you look very good. That tells me is that you've started similar overzealous confrontations with other nice, generous people.

Thanks for backing me up everyone.

-Matt
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a pretty pointless argument. Lol.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As many others here have said, over and over again, that a large percent of store employees don't recognise minute differences between carnivorous plants. many think all cp's are the same....Heck what am i even saying! the nice respectable lady that knows something about cp's at the montreal botanical garden called me saying she had s. purpurea, a plant which i have been looking for for quite a while. instead, all she had was lots of s. dana's delights. she thought that just by reading the first part of the label that said 'sarracenia', it meant that any of those plants labeled sarracenia were in fact s. purpurea! so i had to come over, disappointed they didn't carry purps, and tell the lady how to read a plant label. -_- this is in no way supposed to offend store employees, just to state that many don't see the differences between our beloved plants!
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is getting rediculus. I love growing cobras and spreading them, I was thinking of offering a division to you of a hard to find variety, but your throwing words in other peoples mouths, or in this case fingers, is just plain rude. Saying we act just like any other hobbyist you've run into certainly isn't going to get you anywhere on this forum

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by petmantis View Post
    the nice respectable lady that knows something about cp's at the montreal botanical garden called me saying she had s. purpurea, a plant which i have been looking for for quite a while. instead, all she had was lots of s. dana's delights. she thought that just by reading the first part of the label that said 'sarracenia', it meant that any of those plants labeled sarracenia were in fact s. purpurea!
    How can you work with plants at a botanical garden and not know the basics of binomial naming? That upsets me.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast