Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF?

I'm really sorry that you folks seem to be taking what I've said as some kind of attack or putting down.

This is a hobby. It's like any other hobby. You guys are very enthused about it, love it, have oodles of jargon that nobody outside the hobby understands... what's wrong with that? I mean I LOVE my other hobbies! Saying you guys were like the snake people or the costuming people I know was NOT meant as an insult! I'm really sorry!

I honestly didn't mean anything bad by anything I've said here!

And saying you would have given me a plant but now you're not. Man. Are you trying to make me depressed? That's just mean.
    I make fuzzy things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahahahahaha

"and... boom goes the dynamite."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO im not trying to make you feel depressed.
    But you were shooting down members for stuff they didnt say
    when i first saw this thread, i was like aww damn maybe ill be nice and send her a small division of my Darlingtonia because i can see this person really wants one, but i dont send plants to people who are rude to others, you'll learn in this hobby that generosity and kindness are key.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theyellowdart View Post
    How is that? Because we are being nice and using our valuable time trying to help you out?

-Matt
    YES!

Exactly.

Saying this was like any other hobby really was NOT meant as an insult! I just thought it was kind of funny when somebody said that this was not like other hobbies when you guys act like every other hobby forum I've ever been on.
    I make fuzzy things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then i guess im going to act like any other hobbyist from any other forum and say your SOL when it comes to the lowes thing. nothing can be done about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmm889 View Post
    hahahahahaha

"and... boom goes the dynamite."

My fiancee worked with that guy at Petsmart, he went to my College here. Needless to say he HATES it and goes off when you bring that up....LIKE A STICK OF DYNAMITE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SirKristoff - I'm trying to apologize to everyone about this.

I really, HONESTLY did not mean to insult anybody.

And I know I'm SOL. That's why it's titled "noooooooooooooooooooo" I wasn't exppecting people to do anything, I just kinda wanted to vent, because it was frustrating.

Now pardon me while I go cry. I really, really, really wish you hadn't said you were going to give me something and then you're not. If you hadn't mentioned that I'd be a whole lot happier.
    I make fuzzy things.

animal lover, aquarium and CP enthusiast MidnightSkies's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plants that were at Lowe's really aren't anything great like I was hoping, so you're not missing out on much. I have a feeling mine might not even live. I would have been much more confident if I didn't have to pull everything apart since it was in the same pot with a flytrap and D. adelae. Seeing one tiny white root didn't help my confidence either.

It looks like you would probably go through more money picking up plant after plant from Lowe's trying to get one to survive than you would to get it from a reliable and knowledgeable nursery.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast