Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Shame of Humans - Warning: Graphic pics

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Shame of Humans - Warning: Graphic pics

Yesterday I saw something that really is a disgrace to the human race. I understand that most people don't share my love of snakes. I also understand that most people have a fear of snakes. What I can't understand is why people can't just let things be that they don't understand or like.

Yesterday I was on my what home from a quick trip to Lowes. I was less than a mile away from home and I saw something I have been looking for for years beside the road. I knew what it was even though I only caught a quick glimpse. It was a Canebrake Rattlesnake. I quickly turned around. I knew it was probably dead but you don't see these everyday. I got out and took a look and I was right it was dead. I picked it up and put it in a container. I brought it home to take some picks and document it.

I wasn't prepared for what I was about to see. This snake wasn't ran over by a car. It's head was crushed like somebody stepped on it and it's rattles were cut off. It was clear that somebody killed this snake on purpose. This snake posed no threat because it wasn't near any homes. It was found crossing the road. Then killed because whoever found it was ignorant of the importance of this species. I'm sure even if they knew they wouldn't have cared. They killed it just to feed their ego and to have a souvenir to prove they are tough enough to kill a rattlesnake.

After I saw the way this snake was killed I called the local police department to file a report. The person that killed this snake committed a crime. Canebrake rattlesnakes are a protected species in NC and also the town of Boiling Spring Lakes is a wildlife preserve.
    After the police left I took these pics.

As you can see this was a beautiful animal. I can't understand how a person can be so ignorant as to kill an animal that is as rare and beautiful as this one. This is one of humanities greatest faults, to kill, fear or hate things they don't understand.

I know the person probably won't ever be caught, and even if he is he probably won't be prosecuted. I'm going to make a listing on Craigslist and offer a reward to anybody that saw this snake killed and help to prosecute the person that killed it.

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful snake, Ozzy.

I know exactly what you mean. People don't understand the importance of animals (restricted or not) and kill and torture things because of their ignorance. It is very sad.

Good luck finding the *******, and thanks for being so generous with the craigslist listing.

Edit: I didn't think that word would be blocked. Oh well...the word started with a B, not an A. (I know those words have the same amount of letters. lol)
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg, that really sucks. the problem is, most people don't care about other beings, no matter if the other beings are offending/hurting them. they hurt/kill them for fun...i'm really sorry for that snake.
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very sad to look at those pictures. Be it a puppy or a rattlesnake every living thing deserves rights. Stories like this further reinforce my hatred towards humanity and it's lack of tolerance for anything it does not like or understand. Why are we the ONE species to not fit in picture with the rest of creation?

Very sad story, hope this dirtbag gets what he deserves...Whether he gets caught by the cops or not, Karma is a b****.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it Ironic that our plants kill insects?

Well, I guess thats nature, but what that THING did to that snake, is just pointless. Killing a snake will NOT prove anything, just that your scared out off your mind and will kill a living animal.

If he were to kill, and devour that snake, it would be part of nature, seeing as everything needs to eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people don't like wild things that could threaten them. As far as many are concerned, there is no place in this world anymore for top predators, "dangerous" creatures such as rattlesnakes, or animals who’s presence inconvenience us, like pests. Where I live, if you see a rattlesnake it is perfectly acceptable to kill it in any way. Because its just a rattlesnake, or so the logic goes. Bleh... I doubt it was to feed their ego or for toughness, they probably killed it because it was there and for kicks.

They are not ignorant, they just don't give a damn.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Man is a bad animal."
    -Bryon Gysin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was a kid in Mississippi, people killed every venomous snake they saw and any other snake that might be one. It was accompanied by a lot of macho posturing, but there was an undercurrent of pure "fear of the dark" cowardice. There also was the mindless pleasure of doing it. I remember shooting turtles with friends and we certainly had nothing to fear from turtles. Maybe being a vegetarian now and releasing insects from my CPs is part of my penance, but it's impossible to balance what we did.

Looking at it now, I see all this senseless killing as an example of "the banality of evil." That was originally said to describe how German bureaucracy organized the Holocaust, but it applies to any situation where something that should be unacceptable becomes ordinary and accepted by otherwise normal people. It's scarier than if only evil people did evil things, because evil people are a lot less abundant than normal people.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast