What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Zen of loosing an auction

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I don't know how many of you are Ebay addicts like me but sometimes you overspend/overbid - it's such a great feeling when you watch an auction in it's final moments and someone outbids you at the last second. Instead of cursing the sniper you celebrate not winning the item by treating yourself to a cup of coffee! :D

And speaking of auctions all you who've paid up your NASC bids will have your net pots on the way in the "morning" (afternoon - I don't go to bed til dawn).

Secure in the knowledge that the person payed too much money for the object in question?

Yes and that I was just as inclined to before the weekend came round! :D

I love the feeling of sniping and seeing my name there at the end. :) However, that doesn't happen too often. I get nervous and can't wait til that LAST second.

Yeah, I hate having to be an auction sniper but sometimes it's the only way to get something you really want. I tried for 3 months to win a certain plant by being a nice guy and bidding early and someone always swooped in at the last moment. I finally sniped some poor guy to get it.

But sometimes it's nice to have those snipers come by and force me to have some money left to live on until next payday! :D

The next best feeling is snipping the person that just sniped you! Doesn't happen very often though, and isn't worth the hassle unless it's something you just gotta have.

Yes, someone named a*****s is always seems to be sniping the things I bid on!

Sniping tools can come in handy, but be sure you trust the person or organization offering the tool before you give them your ebay username/password.

Back