What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When Worlds Collide

As a freelance bass player and CP fan, I've been waiting patiently for the call to play a run of Little Shop of Horrors and it looks as though I finally will. It won't be until October though so I'll have time to grow some nice healthy CPs to display at the show. I wonder if bass frequencies will help VFTs increase trap size? Perhaps this is some sort of untapped new evolutionary discovery?

I think it is only right to earmark a portion of the paycheck to buy a plant.

Someone might discover that Abba or Captain & Tennille played loud helps CPs grow. Maybe they attract flies. I'd rather have small plants.

I'll make the claim that my Nepenthes not only lived but thrived on daily doses of heavy metal and stand up comedy! :D

awwwwww.......

I thought it was gonna be about one of my favorite classic George Pal sci-fi films...........

When Worlds Collide

;)

Did you read the book?
There was also a sequel book "After Worlds Collide".
Really.
They never made a movie out of it, but it was pretty good.

The topic title reminded me of the song "When Gods Collide" by Thor! :D
thor_rock.jpg

He used to do the old strongman show during concerts bending steel bars around his neck and lifting heavy stuff. I have a dubbed VHS videotape of Thor (Jean Michael) being interviewed on some show by Cheech & Chong! I interviewed Thor on my 23rd birthday for my zine. He's old and fat now -lol!

Funny how a phrase can trigger a stream of memories.

I bet that guy way overcharges for his dog-walking services.
~Joe

WHO let the dogs out??

There was a sequel book?!?! Did not know that. Hmmm, I should check that out...........

I like the sequel better than the first book. It features remnants of an alien civilization. The Moses analogies get a bit tedious but not overly so. It's worth reading.

I liked the steel wheeled vehicles that ran on rubber roads.
(Ok, so it wasn't really steel, and it wasn't really rubber, but close enough for this discussion)

Back