User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The worst concept for a phone application, ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Ant, this doesnt offend me in the least bit. This is just as 'offending' as video games where you can blast people in the face or mow down zombies with a lawn mower. It's an application and people seem to have lost track of that. The real concern should be targeted towards the people that cant separate reality from video games.

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchy87128 View Post
    I agree Ant, this doesnt offend me in the least bit. This is just as 'offending' as video games where you can blast people in the face or mow down zombies with a lawn mower. It's an application and people seem to have lost track of that. The real concern should be targeted towards the people that cant separate reality from video games.
    This is somewhat a video game.

I do agree that it isn't offensive, but you have to take into consideration the amount of people that sue for nothing now a days. Some schmuck might shake their baby to death and sue Apple saying that this was where they got the idea from, as I believe was previously mentioned.
    Unfortunately in today's society, everything must be taken very literally or things will be taken advantage of. Specifically with this product, one cannot assume that a person's intelligence is great enough to know not to shake a baby into a submission.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theyellowdart View Post
    This is somewhat a video game.

I do agree that it isn't offensive, but you have to take into consideration the amount of people that sue for nothing now a days. Some schmuck might shake their baby to death and sue Apple saying that this was where they got the idea from, as I believe was previously mentioned.
    Unfortunately in today's society, everything must be taken very literally or things will be taken advantage of. Specifically with this product, one cannot assume that a person's intelligence is great enough to know not to shake a baby into a submission.

Agreed, dont see how it's an oxymoron though, I was referring to more of xbox games in comparison to this. I dont consider an application a video game but that's just my POV.

What you stated about 'one cannot assume that a person's intelligence is great enough to know' holds true in just about every part of society not just shaking a baby. This reminds me of the whole issue with the lady at McDonalds getting a coffee and burning herself then suing and winning some millions of dollars. Was she expecting a frozen coffee?
    Everything is taken so literally then when things get to the court room people read in between the lines as much as they can... Where is the balance?

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about the oxymoron thing, french.... I took it out after I re-read what you wrote.
    Note that I wrote "Specifically for this product..." I believe it holds true for every part of society as well.

While we're on the topic of crazy suing...
    One of my teachers told me he heard about a burglar suing someone whose house he broke into because their garage door fell on and injured him...and he WON the case!
    I'm not sure exactly how true it is. I'll have to do some research.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Dart I have heard the same thing, and I know someone through my parents that has had something similar.
    The guy broke in and tripped and ended up breaking his ankle, sued and won. Makes you feel unsafe when the cops tell you that the only thing you can do is get them out but once they no longer pose a 'threat' you have to let em go. How are you suppose to know whether or not they pose a threat anymore? When they turn their backs to you?
    Maybe I should try robbing a house walking backwards lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh... I play video games where I hurt/shoot/kill both animals and people (sometimes they are realistic beings, sometimes totally fictitious, like a plant monster). I would never do such things in real life, though. Same goes for the Baby Shaker. If I would find it fun and entertaining, then I'd play it. It doesn't mean I'm a baby abuser or that the game will make me shake babies...

Personally, I do draw a line somewhere. For instance, I would never play a game simulating the Holocaust or something of the sort. The baby shaker doesn't cross the line for me. ...Still doesn't mean I'll play it. Heck, I don't even have a phone that plays games!

The above is definitely not applicable to children. The problem I have here is that the target audience is probably young, impressionable, naive, teen boys that are consumed by their little electronic devices and online social sites....

Play responsibly.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joossa View Post
    The above is definitely not applicable to children.
    Now Joel, are you trying to convince me that you're not a child? Look at your avatar man!

As for the baby shaking game, it's stupid. Nothing more to me. Apple is also stupid for letting it happen. I don't find it that offensive. I just don't understand why someone would pay money for that.

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWurm View Post
    Now Joel, are you trying to convince me that you're not a child? Look at your avatar man!

Child at heart, not at mind or vessel.
    -Joel from Southern California

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast