User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The worst concept for a phone application, ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst concept for a phone application, ever.

I found this story when checking tech news. It is probably the worst concept that you could possibly come up with for a downloadable phone application. It's called the 'baby shaker' - I am not shocked by much but... wow.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30354894/

A controversial program for the iPhone called "Baby Shaker" was added to, then pulled from, Apple's App Store this week after protests about the program's offensive nature dealing with a deadly serious subject.

Child protection groups were outraged by the 99-cent app for the iPhone and iPhone touch, which encourages those frustrated with babies' crying to shake them, or in this case, shake their devices to change drawings of a crying baby to a calm one.
    The plug-

"On a plane, on the bus, in a theater. Babies are everywhere you don't want them to be! They're always distracting you from preparing for that big presentation at work with their incessant crying. Before Baby Shaker there was nothing you could do about it.

"Now, Baby Shaker gives you a charming drawing of a baby sure to make those with a less than iron will fawn. True to life, it begins to annoy you immediately. See how long you can endure his or her adorable cries before you just have to find a way to quiet the baby down!"
    Absolutely repulsive concept. I don't think it will cause any real harm but if you don't find something wrong with the whole concept of it... there's something wrong with you. Who gets these things?
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL!

I mean shaking babies is not good thing of course but it's almost as if this were a prank post. I read your link and it seems to be a real story but I can hardly believe a "professional" company like Apple would risk even the remotest possibility of someone eventually shaking a baby to death and then claiming they got the idea from the Iphone or whatever. Some rogue internet prankster making an app like this - sure I can see it but not someone like Apple. Not that Apple is more respectable but rather corporations like to keep their rear ends covered. Some corporate lawyer must've been on vacation when they OK'd this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but I think it was an independent application that was somehow passed by the company's reviewers. The problem is that they allowed it, not that they made it. I don't think they actually produced it themselves. That would make this much more interesting...
    that makes no logic

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably one of those things that the person that checked approve thought something along the lines of "Well it is not exactly tasteful, but I don't really see the harm in it..." Whereas many others (obviously) didn't think it was appropriate. I'm sure this person probably doesn't have a degree in law school or understand liability at all.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend has this one:

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome, Wurm! I'd use it all the time on my friends. lol
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, my brother has that on his Storm. It's kind of tacky, but you're supposed to have a shoot off with friends and if you shoot someone else's phone, they get out...or something like that.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um, I don't find it the least bit offensive. There are a lot of things out there that should be considered offensive if this was and there is nothing wrong with me no matter what you say. Its not hurting any one one, and saying I got the idea to shake baby to death from your ipod probably isn't a good defense and you must be seriously messed up before that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast