What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1000th Geocache!

• Thread starter elgecko
  • Start date
ok, so i think i just found my next hobby! i just joined and there`s a cache .2 miles from my place! i`m anxious to try this out, as i tend to take on hobbies like there`s no tomorrow, this one seems promising :)
Thanks for the eye opener elgecko, i`m sure i`ll have a lot of fun with this! of course, my username is blokeman ;)

Talking about gps`, what about tomtom, my dad has one, and i`m not sure i can enter coordinates... probably depends on the model... has anyone used tomtom? Curious, as this will be my only tool to start with.

Yay Blokeman! I think you'll like it! The first time I ever heard of geocaching (from Ozzy) I said "I WANNA PLAY!!!!" I've had a blast ever since I got my GPS.

I THINK a Tomtom is strictly for car navigation, but I'm not sure. Some car units are just a little large and bulky to be used for caching. Mine is small enough to use as a handheld but some people don't like the landscape orientation. I do because I get a larger map area.

You can find cheaper used GPSr units at geocaching.com in the Garage Sale forum. Some people do that and get a cheap unit first to see if they like the game/sport/hobby. THEN they purchase a new unit once they have some experience.

I hope you give it a try. :D

I THINK a Tomtom is strictly for car navigation, but I'm not sure. Some car units are just a little large and bulky to be used for caching.

I have a TomTom (not what I used for geocaching) and I believe that you can enter coordinates into it.

xvart.

Back