What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USPS Postage Increase: May 11, 2009

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date
Yup, We've already been metering certain jobs with the new rates at work:

Presorted Standard 3 digit .251 cents

Presorted Standard AADC .253 cents

These are the two I used on Tuesday for mail going out on Monday.

Hopefully when I get to work Saturday night (tomorrow) we won't have to fix any jobs that other shifts ran on the wrong postage so I can just read and draw all night! :D

AGAIN?!?!

Man, I'm glad the Federal government doesn't run our health care. Sheesh!!

It was from May 10th for online users....keep it going... i know you can do better than this uspass

I'd rather pay a few cents more in postage than have them quit delivering mail in the middle of the week - which is an idea they've been batting about. I can't drive my cable bill to PA for $0.42 so I don't see $0.02 increase as going to send me into financial ruin. You may as well expect at least a 2 cent increase every other year from now on as the mail slows up and people rely on online billing/bill paying. Our normal monthly health insurance mailings are usually 150,000 pieces this month it was 30,000 took us 6 hours from the time our client sent us the files til we had them all inserted and metered.

For fun take your # of posts and times it by the price of stamps. For me this minute it's 4156 X 0.44 cents = $1828.64
Too bad there isn't a way to see how many emails I've sent over the years and how much that would have been in postage.

Yet again, we dump long-green into another moribund government agency. Had the USPS been in the private sector, it would have tanked long ago . . .

I'm glad they're increasing rates - hopefully it will increase bulk mail rates and cut down on junk - 90% of what I receive. I just wish they'd increase 10 cents at a time so the increases are less often.

Bella, USPS is not supposed to operate like a private entity, like most agencies aren't. No one could deliver to every house and business in the USA 6 days a week for 42 cents and make money.

Swords, it's very unlikely that they will stop delivering any days - that was a scare tactic to get congress to go along with their requests.

Back