What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graduates 2009

DavyJones

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level
I thought I would start this thread for all the people who have graduated in some form this spring. Yesterday I walked the stage at Miami University in Ohio after 5 years of study to receive 2 bachelors degrees, one in Accountancy and one in German. It has been a long journey, and I'm unemployed as of now, but am happy that I can turn this page in my life. Anybody here need someone with an accounting degree that can also speak German? :-O

I'm sure there are more of you out there, post here and receive the recognition you deserve!

Congrats to all our graduates!

Congratulations DavyJones!
As for me I graduate at the end of June with a Bachelors in Biology and in Pre-dentistry with a minor in French.
I'll be joining the unemployment line as well but like you said I'm glad to be turning a new page over!

Congrats on your accomplishments!

Congratulations to you two! :D As for me...I'm graduating 7th grade? LOL. But I had a great school year. I also managed to accomplish a lot. :)

Congrats to you guys, Davy and Yann.

I'm going to Texas A & M!

I'm leaving HS, as well as Oregon behind.

Congrats on the admission Jeff! Have you decided on a major?

Congrats to you as well Cap, it really feels like 7th grade was not that long ago :S Is 9 years really that long?

Hehe, thanks. :p But my God, this school year went like a blink of an eye. And to think I'll be going to high school in less than two years. Too much change. x.x

Congrats DavyJones. Sounds like you would be a good candidate for international business. Was that your plan, or did you take German for fun?

Lol cap
highschool is gonna be one of the best times of your life.
Live it up now man, i am not looking forward to turning 18 next sunday LOL
Congratulations Davy and Frenchy. Im sure youll find jobs, with degrees like that anyway LOL.
Im going to be going to college for Marine Biology and Science/Natural Resources.

Congratulations everyone who is graduating!

I am currently going to SOU for a Biology/Botany option/ with botany certificate. I want to attend Humboldt State for a MS. I am at about 80 credits so I will be a junior after this summer. I already graduated from the MARINES! I finally recieved news on my medical discharge and I am part of the First Civillian Division again. Its good to be more sure of my future and be able to finally make plans. A new page if you will. Though I still have a year and a half or more of college left I am glad to be taking advantage of the new Post 9/11 GI Bill. Its going to make school a lot more educational and not a penny pinching affair in which my nutrition suffers :) ( I may use your tax dollars for that one special nepenthes I couldnt say no too!)

I am planning on getting into horticulture or field research as a botanist. My teacher studies redwoods and how they get a significant amount of water from fog by studying isotopes and such.

If any one has any advice on a Botany Degree I would love to hear it.

I'm not really graduating, but I am finishing my last semester at my community college and transferring to a 4-year. I'm going to California Polytechnic Institute: SanLuis Obispo (Cal Poly: SLO) to major in electrical engineering.

Jason

Nice! Congrats everyone!

I'll be moving on from my community college with an AS in biology and will be transferring to UC Berkeley to continue to pursue biology and and chemistry. I feel comfortable enough calling it a graduation, I'll have a degree (even if it's just an AS,) I've spent 3 years there, and I'm done with almost all of my undergrad work.

I'm going to California Polytechnic Institute: SanLuis Obispo (Cal Poly: SLO) to major in electrical engineering.

That's great! My oldest brother went there and got a degree in Mechanical. Best of luck to you!

Congrats on the admission Jeff! Have you decided on a major?

Thanks! I was worried it would be too expensive, but then (luckily) I got a scholarship. Now it costs less than going to the local college, Oregon State Univ.

I want to major in plant genetics. Then maybe I can work w/ Monsanto or something.

Congrats to everyone. I'll be graduating 11th grade...which isn't too much. They say it's the the hardest year of high school, so I guess that's something to say.

Wurm,

Is that Cal Poly in northern California? My cousin is going to be going to a Cal Poly engineering school in northern Cali. I don't know how many there are, but it's most likely the same one.

Congrats Everyone!
Its ok cap, im graduating 7th too!

Jason your avatar really looks like you btw.

From someone on the other side (Professor) congrats are in order... for those of you still on the path...

Practically any class can be a great learning experience, or a nightmare... as someone on the inside I see both the best and the worst that education has to offer

Here is a decent ref, but take it with a grain of salt
http://ratemyprofessors.com/

For the rest of you, hurry up and get a job and start paying into social security, Id like to see it financially solvent when it comes my time, heaven knows my 403b and IRA's arent going to do it LOL :p

Av

Congrats to those who are graduating.

I turned in my last paper for a class in my quest for a Masters. I now just have to finish that thesis thing hopefully this week and get it all turned in/defended/destroyed and then edit it again and again until everyone on my committee is happy, if that's ever happen. Here's to hoping I can get two people with very different theoretical perspectives to both be happy with what I do.:headwall:

I'll be moving on from my community college with an AS in biology and will be transferring to UC Berkeley to continue to pursue biology and and chemistry.

Wow! Big time congrats there! Berkeley is one hell of an accomplishment man. I'm hoping to end up there for my master's degree.

Is that Cal Poly in northern California? My cousin is going to be going to a Cal Poly engineering school in northern Cali. I don't know how many there are, but it's most likely the same one.

There are 2 Cal Poly schools. One is north of LA on the Central Coast, and there other is in Pomona, near LA. The northernmost one is Cal Poly: SLO, and it's an excellent school.

Jason your avatar really looks like you btw.

Haha, that's because it is me. I edited a photo of myself in photoshop.

Jason

I live near the one near Pomona :3 I swim in the collage next to it. (Mt.Sac? ithink)

Haha, yeah I know!

I just finished a class in AP Environment Studies, so I've got a good idea of what needs to be done. And I'm from Corvallis, the GREEN CITY. ;)

I'd really like to attempt working out all the kinks of GMO crops (deaths of nearby catepillars, allergies, resistant pests, etc) if I do get a job.

Fortunately for me, I've know a guy who knows the head of Monsanto. :-O

Haven't talked to him much at all about it.

In the opinion of a Farmer. I cannot believe anyone would work for monsanto unless it was to change thier poor ethics system. I know it is probably a sweet job but you are working for the Devil P.S. Monsanto is the Devil!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Future_of_Food

Watch the movie!

http://www.thefutureoffood.com/

Back