What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey everyone,
I just collected a ton of Drosera seeds, and will be listing most of them for giveaway.
Here are the rules that everyone has to read before putting their name down.
1. You may only sign up for one LIMITED variety, and one normal variety.
If all the LIMITED varieties have been taken, you may sign up for 3 species total.
2. With your SASE, you must include your forum name along with the 2 (or 3) Drosera species you want. My address is listed below.
3. NO PMS PLEASE. If you need to contact me, please send a message to sundewman(at)yahoo.com --- replace (at) with @.
4. send the sase asap, unless you don't mind waiting up to 2 weeks before I send it back. (After June, I will be back at school).
5. USA only please.
6. If you are attending the North-Central/midwest CP gathering, I will be bringing most of these, so don't worry about saving a slot.

MY ADDRESS IS:
Aaron May
1100 Plumwood CT NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402

Here is a list of all I will be offering:
D. admirabilis (Ceres, RSA)- 10 packets available
D. anglica (Kanaele Bog, Kauai, Hawaii)- LIMITED- 4 packets available
D. burmannii (pink flower)- 20 packets available
D. capensis 'Albino' - 6 packets available
D. capillaris (Polk CO. FL)- LIMITED- 6 packets available
D. capillaris (Seminole CO. FL) -LIMITED- 2 packets available
D. natalensis -20 packets available
D. nidiformis- 10 packets available
D. oblanceolata (Sunset Peak, Hong Kong) -LIMITED- only 4 packets available
D. spatulata (Fraser Island) -15 packets available
D. spatulata var. lovellae- LIMITED- 4 packets available
D. tokaieinsis- 30 packets available

With your help, this can be as painless as possible for me.
Thanks for participating.
Aaron

Wow Aaron. You really outdid yourself with this one. Thanks for offering all these to the community here.

Jason

Wow, that D. oblanceolata of yours is gorgeous. No surprise it was the first to have all the slots filled (curse me for not checking terraforums online at work sooner, curses *angry fist shake* :) hahah) Thanks for the super Sase selection. I had quite the time narrowing it down to what I wanted (well to be truthful “wanted”=”any” while “requested”=2) Thanks again.

You're welcome!
i highly doubt I'll be able to do something like this again in the near future, but hopefully i can still have smaller giveaways.
I will hopefully have more seed of D. oblanceolata available in the near future. It is definitely a beautiful plant.

I will hopefully have more seed of D. oblanceolata available in the near future. It is definitely a beautiful plant.

Yeah, I was a bit bummed to have missed that one. Is it tropical?

Jason

Yeah, I was a bit bummed to have missed that one. Is it tropical?

Jason

Same here.

Thanks a ton Aaron. My SASE is going out tomorrow morning. :)

Wow. Talk about a logistical nightmare! You are pretty awesome, thanks so much man!

yes, D. oblanceolata is a tropical/subtropical plant. It is growing in the tub next to my D. capensis 'Red' and D. nidiformis, so if you have a healthy D. capensis, you can grow this plant with ease.

I don't think I know what I got myself into quite yet....can't wait to be drowned in SASEs!

I plan to be at the North-Central/midwest CP gathering later this month, I hope there are a few seeds left by then.

great- i look foward to meeeting you!
I will have plenty of extras from most species, and a few more I didn't list here.
Looks like I'm going to have more D. tokaiensis than I know what to do with!

Got my seeds yesterday, Thanks Aaron!

Jason

hehe isnt this in the wrong discussions ? shouldent it be trades/wants i dunno haha nice seeds though shame its on usa :(

Richard

I got mine yesterday! At first I thought, who sent me a letter? That handwriting looks just like my own! Then I remembered. A true senior moment, at the ripe age of 22. Thanks so much!

Thanks Aaron, I received my seeds today.

Preciate' it!

i still have to send the envelope... how long will the seeds be good?

Glad they made it! Now I'll just have to wait for germination reports :)
awgaupp- no rush. the seeds are being stored in the fridge at the "ideal" 4 degrees C temperature. I know people have had reports of sundew seed lasting 10+ years in the fridge. I'm sure you'll be able to get the sase to me by then, though ;)

I don't think i will be able... i'm tied up for the next 11 years:-))
Actually, ill get it out soon

got seeds today, thank you very much :)

Back