What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jika Tabi

Jika-tabi are also worn by martial artists (bujinkan, etc)

bujinkan6.jpg

If you watched "Star Trek", you may have noticed the Romulans wearing jika-tabi

This is what they wore (they can be purchased online for $170):
Ayyatabi2.jpg

I'm thinking of buying these tabi, but they cost $187.

Would this be a good buy, or should I wait till I get a job and have money to burn?

Reminds me of the split-toed "camel-toe" neoprene boots I use for diving; the feature allows you to get a better grip climbing over slippery rocks . . .

Reminds me of the split-toed "camel-toe" neoprene boots I use for diving; the feature allows you to get a better grip climbing over slippery rocks . . .

I think the diving boots are inspired by jika-tabi

I went and saw Star Trek last weekend and thought of this thread when I saw the drill-fight scene.

Jason

Skip the Romulan boots The seam where they lace up is sitting right on top of the ankle bone. That would very likely cause some uncomfortable pressure or chafing.

Now, those Vibram Five Fingers look like they're made of pure awesome! Wish I was still in shape enough to do some rock climbing, they even sell them in the local climbing gym pro-shop.

Skip the Romulan boots The seam where they lace up is sitting right on top of the ankle bone. That would very likely cause some uncomfortable pressure or chafing.

Now, those Vibram Five Fingers look like they're made of pure awesome! Wish I was still in shape enough to do some rock climbing, they even sell them in the local climbing gym pro-shop.

The Romulan boots/jika-tabi are apparently some of the most comfortable shoes on earth.

They look kinda comfortable but, nothing beats the shear joy of going bare foot!

AyyaTabi3.jpg

Just in case you were wondering whether they were cool or not.

the guy in that picture need to be punched imo. Just saying haha.

Referencing the last pic (guy on motorcycle) - his boots appear to have 2 splits instead of one. All of the other pics (from what I can see) have only one split - for the 'big toe' (other than the vibram 'fivefinger' things). Is Jika Tabi anything w/ splits for toes or is this one not Jika Tabi or ....?? :scratch:

That guy on the bike better be careful in that alley or whatever he's in there, because he is just asking for a beating. :-))

Referencing the last pic (guy on motorcycle) - his boots appear to have 2 splits instead of one. All of the other pics (from what I can see) have only one split - for the 'big toe' (other than the vibram 'fivefinger' things). Is Jika Tabi anything w/ splits for toes or is this one not Jika Tabi or ....?? :scratch:

They only have one, the other is just an illusion caused by a dent in the shoe.

lol, that really doesn't make me want to put them on anytime soon.

The boots in the bike pic have only one split like the other Jika tabi. It's just an illusion that there's an extra split

I'm totally buying a pair of these with my Christmas money:

AyyaTabi4.jpg

So this is the modern tabi...I remember playing games at ninjas use them ...So now I can jump around roof tops...

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

I want to learn Ninjutsu!!!!!!!

So this is the modern tabi...I remember playing games at ninjas use them ...So now I can jump around roof tops...

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

I want to learn Ninjutsu!!!!!!!

I wear mine with regular clothing

Back