What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A murphy's law moment

When you've just listed an item for sale on a certain auction site and go to look at your plants and see the plant you just listed has had it's stem turn mushy over the course of the day and dropped half it's lower leaves! :censor:

Glad you can end listings early, it's rather irritating though.

That sucks. But Murphy's Law? Try finding the plant mushy just as your lights happen to fall from their mountings, striking you in the head in the process. Then the sparking, shattering fluorescent bulbs spark a house fire, but you're unconscious with a concussion. Fortunately, you wake up in a hospital, but are then informed that you've been in a coma for months and you don't have health insurance because your premium check bounced due to your terrible eBay spending habit! Hoist by your own petard!
~Joe

That happened to you? o.o"

Everytime I'm late, and 15 minutes away, its always 30 because traffic just seems to kick in.. -.-

Why is just why you leave earlier than normal Billy....
common sense on that part

Joe, you're becoming psychic! Just earlier today I was changing out the chains on my lamps so they could be a closer and of course I was too lazy to pull the 4 carrying trays of pots off the shelf because that would be SOOO much work... So of course the last chain I was changing slipped loose and snapped the one growing node off my Ceropegia armandii. So now I have a 18" C. armandii cutting but I don't know how to root it. The stump the vine was growing from is fine and looks like there may be another node activating on it. I think I'll just hide in bed under the covers all day tomorrow! :D

I had a pal who was always late for everything. The only way he broke his habit of being late was to become a firefighter and now a paramedic. It HAS to be a life or death situation or he just won't get up and go. I didn't figure he'd have the job long knowing his procrastinating nature "we'll save 'em tomorrow" but actually it's the longest he's ever had the same job over 5 years. Either he grew out of it or the EMT biz has really gone downhill! :D

Back