What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby critters!

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
Just thought I'd share some photos. It's baby critter season, and as in our lives, bad things happen in nature too. (usually from our cars, lawn mowers, cutting things down, etc) Luckily for some critters there's our local wildlife rehabilitation center. And today was my first day helping out!

If you have some time to spare, look into seeing if there's a similar organization in your area!
Now is the season when they might need help.

Adorable little guys, a little too quick for the camera.
<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From WildTales</td></tr></tbody></table>
Busy playing...
<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From WildTales</td></tr></tbody></table>

Lunch and a head scratch makes life oooohhhh sooo good...

I'm not that skilled at making sure all the food gets into the babies yet...
<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From WildTales

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Psst can you fax me that baby raccoon ?
it would make a gr8 maacot for a nursery that i'm not allowed to mention on this forum.LOL

Hehe, something tells me he wouldn't have the patience for the fax machine. I'll get you a good photo of him when I go back. 8)

-Nate

WAhAHhahAHAHAhahHAh Nate!!!!
That baby raccoon is freaking adorable!

How old do you think he is.?
Looks like less than a month, course i've never seen one that small
in person.

my mom had a pet raccoon for awhile.......she said it was like having a 2 year old bratty kid....only worse.....

Cute, really. Wildlife is always interesting for sure.

I worked at an animal shelter several years ago. It was my fist job. We got some wildlife but mostly cats and dogs.

I was assigned to the cats.

I don't like cats all that much.

Then I got to know the cats, and started to like them. But apparently I was the only person who liked certain cats... no one ever did adopt my favorite ones.

I HATE Raccoons. Sorry Raccoon lovers, but they always go through our trash and make a mess, which I always have to clean up. It's rather annoying. Squirrels on the other hand, how adorable is that little one in the picture? Yes, I hate rats too, and realize a squirrel is a rat with a fuzzy tail, but all that fuzz really does make a difference!

Aaaw, the raccoon is so adorable. :3 Haha, I love the picture of you petting him. "Yes! Pet me!" Cute squirrel. I have a family of squirrels living out in my backyard. My mom made them fat by feeding them, though. :x Great job, though! It's nice of you to work there. :)

squirrels and all other rodents are some of the few creatures i really hate haha.

Cute nontheless. :)

That raccoon is unbearably cute. It's too bad they grow up to be such shameless troublemakers! Thanks for sharing.
~Joe

Hehe thanks everyone, the raccoons are just under a month old, and just switched to their second level formula. We are currently taking care of 3 litters with 2 in each. Once they are ready to be on their own they will be released out in the country away from trash cans and most people. I think they have another month or so left in the centers care before that happens though.

The squirrel in that photo is in a batch of about 4 others. They should be ready for the first stage of their release in about 2 weeks. The cage next to them is about a week ahead and it was really interesting to see the 'wild' coming out. Once the center stops feeding them by hand and letting them eat on their own, they become more suspicious of the workers, and even somewhat aggressive. But that's what we want, and it's just the natural time for them to begin outside life.

-Nate

Back