Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom tooth coming in....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wisdom tooth coming in....

I have my third wisdom tooth coming in and the little bugger has been hurting for days! I can't take it anymore! So I'm posting here to vent a bit and to hear your wisdom tooth stories....

I already have my two upper wisdom teeth. Now, my lower right one is coming in. I could feel that the tips were protruding for some weeks, but now it's really pushing up. I feel like I have a fissure back there. It hurts constantly, and the constant pain makes me so annoyed and irritable! At times it also bleeds a little. I don't remember my other ones hurting so much... Advil does help, but I still feel the annoyance every minute of the day.

It's coming in well and is not impacted. I pray that the fourth (last) one comes in well too as visiting the dentist is my greatest fear.... I shiver at the thought of having one removed.

Do any of you have all four of your wisdom teeth? Have any of you had them removed?
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let me take it out for you joossa rofl i can be your dentist lol nah wisdom teeth do hurt so much mine are coming through also it hurts alot but there is not much you can do it takes some years sometimes to come through so the paiin is never ending good luck anyway

Richard

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do any of you have all four of your wisdom teeth? Have any of you had them removed?
    I only had 2 wisdom teeth. I had them, removed Jan 1 of 2008 to kick off the new year. That night I was eating spaghetti with my family and went over to a friend's house to watch a movie... :P But for about a week there you get sympathy and get to eat nothing but smoothies and pudding and jello (unless you're feeling good enough to eat something else.) Getting your wisdom teeth removed is sweet. Just remember to take all of the ibuprofen they give you as more than just helping with he pain, it reduces swelling.

:sigh: Sweet memories. :P
    ¯\(º_o)/¯ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, my story... sucked. It should not be used as reference when planning a trip to the dentist... here goes.

So, like you, I had to have my wisdom teeth removed... Born with all four (lucky me) and the procedure is simple, one at a time, top then bottom. So he starts with the top right, goes fine, done in 10 minutes... He then goes for the top left... Urghhh, hurts to remember this atm, lol. For some reason, it just wouldn't budge, I was 'rooted-in' very well, and propped up against the next tooth's root. I'll spare the details, but I will say that the dentist took a break from that tooth and moved to the bottom teeth.

By this time, I am in incredible pain, not cause I felt anything (I was completely numb), but cause my neck and face muscles were taught and cramped up due to my having to work against his pushes and pulls...

So, hoping that now he's moved to the bottom teeth, it would go smoother than the last tooth. Well, boy was I wrong. Back and forth, left and right, trying anything in his bag of tricks, nada. Wouldn't budge! Once again, *details removed* (you just don't wanna know) he finally got the bottome two out, but it was 2 hours later. He then goes back up top, and finishes off the job.

A procedure that should have taken say, an hour, an hour and a half tops. I was there for 5 hours, and when i left, i couldn't move my head, had a splitting headache (i never, ever, get headaches) and couldn't eat solid foods for 3 weeks. Diet of milkshakes and 'fortified' jello, mashed potatoes, mashed everything for that matter

Thank god it's a once in a lifetime thing, like chickenpox.

Don't be worried, it's a very easy fix, for most people, I, unfortunately, have 'unusually' closely spaced teeth, makes for a great smile tho Listen, my story is a 1 in a 1000 type of thing, you have nothing to worry about. Just be prepared to not be able to eat solids for two-three days. You're gonna look like a chipmunk for those two days with swollen cheeks, girls are gonna be all over you (not really)
    I love going to the dentist, there's no better feeling than coming out of there, clean and fresh, and good to go for a good 6-12 months.
    Grow list...
    http://terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114907

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dude, bloke, you were awake for the procedure? hahaha

Screw that. :P

I wanted to be asleep simply due to the facts of what you mention - jaw and neck cramps. And I don't need the details. haha
    ¯\(º_o)/¯ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awake the whole way through
    Grow list...

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” C.S. Lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha guys dont be women i am riding out the pain untill they come through rofl be cool like me and await them haha the pain is crazy but its coool when therre through there through so ill wait i think i wont have them out

Richard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, mine were all out when they removed them, thank god.
    Grow list...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast