What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early Summer pics

This is a plant I grew out by seed and selected from a group. I was very happy with how it turned out.
DCP_0872.jpg

DCP_0873.jpg

S. 'Adrian Slack'
DCP_0871.jpg

D. 'Pink Venus'
DCP_0869.jpg

S. oreophila x 'Royal Ruby', with one pitcher so large I couldn't get it in the photo!
DCP_0868.jpg

S. 'Royal Ruby'
DCP_0867.jpg

S. 'Daniel Rudd'
DCP_0866.jpg

S. mitchelliana x 'Royal Ruby'
DCP_0865.jpg

N. izumaea x truncata, getting huge!
DCP_0863.jpg

DCP_0861.jpg

And an orchid I bought for the wife 4 years ago has finally bloomed!
DCP_0860.jpg

Impressive. Those sarrs are incredible. Mine are barely off the ground right now.

Beautiful, absolutley stunning, the neps is wonderful, great job!

nice plants! I love that nep, and the sarr hybrids. Great job!

Very nice! I love the S. 'Daniel Rudd'.

Fantastic pics. Love the nep! I have a paph orchid that looks nearly identical to yours, and it hasn't bloomed in 3 years... grrr.

Just wondering how you grow your sarracenia to get them that far along already in Michigan. Also how do you go about dormancy of your plants in Michigan. By the way your plants are awesome. I am currently growing seeds of leah wilkerson x adrian slack and cant wait to see what they look like.

Thanks

Chad

Hey Chad,

I grow my sarracenia in a greenhouse so they stay just above freezing in winter and then about the end of march start to come out of dormancy. I usually get flowers open end of april and full mature pitchers by end of may.

Dang. Very nice. Gotta love the oreo x 'Royal Ruby'. Do you know how tall that one pitcher is?

Wow, that's ridiculously tall.

If you ever happen to have an extra division hanging around, I'll take that! wow, nice. 40 inches is nearing leah wilkerson territory...

Sure wish I could have a green house here in Iowa but there would be no way my wife would allow that.

Maybe she would allow you to have a small cold frame? That is really all you need for sarracenia.

Wow @ the first sarracenia and the nepenthes! Any pictures of the reptilian rose yet?

it is putting up a new pitcher now, I will get a pic as soon as it matures.

Amazing plants! Props to you... :)

I really am looking into a cold frame so maybe my plants can start growing in March or april vs starting mid may this year.

Without a doubt you can gain an extra 1 1/2 months to 2 months at the beginning of the year and the same at the end of the year.

Back