What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potted up the Mystery Dew today! pictures :)

Today I recieved Ozzy's petulantus mystery dew (blue) from the NASC auction. He was also generous enough to send a few extra sundews (not pictured, but much appreciated :) ) I potted it up and put it in the greenhouse, and decided to take a few pics.

DSC01754.jpg

It only has a little dew right now, but I'm sure it will have more in no time.
DSC01755.jpg

I haven't taken any cuttings yet, since there were no visible roots. I'm going to let it grow for a year or so, and see if it can grow a bit larger.

I'm very interested in the green form and red form as well, so if anyone knows where I can get them, please let me know!!!
:)

Happy growing,
Aaron

Omg. the irony is JUST too much! ROFL.

If you go to the sacred land of Supermarket, or Convenience kingdom, i'm sure you can find the other forms.

Oh yea, and i must mention i am incredibly jealous :( i never have any of those available at canadian CP nurseries :(

blue mountain dew eh, thats a first.

what's the botanical name on that? Drosera Mountain Dewisis ssp Blue voltage! lol:-))

Ozzy strikes again. Haha, nice.

yippih! He made up for his April fools day prank!

The soil looks a little dry from the pictures. I'd give it some more water.

I hope that you don't drink the dew from this plant. Its been rumored to lower you sperm count.

kan i have a kutting of dat? :3

halt, you can obviously see it hasn't sprouted it basals (or in this case, 12 oz cans)

I'm glad you like it. I did this a couple of years ago for the NASC auction. I always worry that I'm going to piss somebody off. I always say in the auction that this is in no way a rare sundew and it's for charity. I always try to add a few extras too just in case. I haven't heard from obregon yet so I don't know how well he liked his Dew. I sent him the all red Dew. If I do this again next year don't give it away to the people who don't know.

Enjoy your dew, remember they like cold temps, just above freezing is perfect conditions for them.

I guess I can close the auction now.

This is the only dew I know of that is expected to lose it's dew as time goes by...

I love this every time they go by :-))

Haha. I love the fact that you actually potted it up. Classic.

xvart.

i got the red one lol. I wasnt sure if i was pissed; if i loved the joke; or if i should jusy not bid on Ozzy items lol! :D Oh well, My two D. intermedias more than made up for it. :) Nice job Ozzy. :) I really just found my self laughing haha. I was like "damn...i just paid $20 for a bottle of soda! :-))"

Good stuff. :)

LOL Great potting job! That is awesome! Thank you all for being good sports about it. Just be glad you didn't get roaches in the package too. :)

Good jokes y'all. :D

This is the only dew I know of that is expected to lose it's dew as time goes by...

Haha! very clever andrew:-))

I was very skeptical until I took the bait HARD on Capslock's bs :D:

Oooh, I won't identify it, but I know Ozzy and I think I know what he's offering here. Whew! I wish I still grew dews, cause if I"m right this is one sweet dew! You're putting that up for auction?

Don't buy his BS here - he says it's common and technically that's true, but I can almost guarantee you are not growing this. I don't think I"ve ever seen one of the major plant retailers offer it, at least that I can remember. Good show, Ozzy! Go NASC!

After reading it again, I'm smacking myself in the face for believing that!!!

actually read it again....Capslock didnt say one thing that was wrong.....misleading? sure but only using the term "growing"....he is technically correct :D

Aaron, that was awesome how you planted the dew. You're becoming a master at sundews.

becoming? idts..

look at the way he potted it up, the cutting obviously the true hands of a master. the shape of the plant, fits almost purfektly into the pot. the shape the color, ohh a true genius!!

but i think the dew died :3

Back