Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hardin, Montana, wants to take in Guantanamo prisoners

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfn View Post
    I'm actually friends with several people who were held at Guantanamo Bay. They committed no crime and when they were released several years later, they were not charged with anything.

There are innocent people being held at Guantanamo Bay. Even guilty ones should be treated like humans.

Also, I don't like the idea of the bacon and pig milk. I'm a Muslim and I would rather die than eat pig. During the Holocaust, do you think it would be okay for Nazis to force Jewish prisoners to eat pig? If not, why do you think it should be done to Muslims?

No no no, dont get me wrong. I'm not saying feed every muslim some pig and force jews to do the same. I'm saying that these guys are blowing themselves up and killing innocent ppl and forcing their religious views on others by basically using scare tactics. I have many muslim, hindu and jewish friends, so please dont see this as a 'hate' comment. I'm simply saying they deserve the same 'respect' that they give by committing these atrocities.

I'm also not saying that ALL at guantanamo are guilty but if you're in Al Quaeda or any other terrorist association that very well speaks for itself...

I'm also not making this a one sided argument, what Bush did was flat out illegal and wrong. By physically torturing prisoners he violated the Geneva convention, there is no justification for that, no matter how angry you are.

So please dont take what I said the wrong way. Simply an eye for an eye. Even if that leaves the world 'blind'.
    And by that I mean to THOSE ppl directly responsible. Not by going in and invading foreign lands...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By physically torturing prisoners he violated the Geneva convention, there is no justification for that, no matter how angry you are.
    actually you need to read the Geneva Convention.......most those in Gitmo DO NOT fall under the Geneva Convention cause they arent following it......the Geneva Convention ONLY covers uniformed combatants.....if you dress in civilian clothes, hide amongst the civilian population you are not afforded the protection of the Geneva Convention cause your refusing to follow the rules of war agreed apon by those nations who signed it....the Somali pirates also do not fall under the protection of the Geneva Convention....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Führer View Post
    actually you need to read the Geneva Convention.......most those in Gitmo DO NOT fall under the Geneva Convention cause they arent following it......the Geneva Convention ONLY covers uniformed combatants.....if you dress in civilian clothes, hide amongst the civilian population you are not afforded the protection of the Geneva Convention cause your refusing to follow the rules of war agreed apon by those nations who signed it....the Somali pirates also do not fall under the protection of the Geneva Convention....

It should be common sense not to torture people and imprison people for years without charge
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    torture? like cutting of a persons head with a hacksaw and sending the video to the families.........

i dont view water boarding as torture........especially not how the US did it the whopping 4 times it was used......water boarding like the Japanese did in WWII is.....death almost never results in the way the US does it....death was the goal with the Japanese......

as for imprisoning for years without trial.....i repeat these are not US citizens who are afforded rights under the US Constitution......if you look we arent the only one that does similar...the Brits did it with some IRA members they captured, most the western European nations who are in wars do......they are enemy combatants....not, nor ever were citizens of the country who is holding them...... ALOT of Asian nations do it aswell, and some of them aint even involved in any war....there are more than a few Americans citizens who were never involved in anything having to do with war locked up in Asian jails where they never received a trial.....
    cervid serial killer
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An innocent person should not be treated like they have no rights just because they aren't a citizen. I could honestly care less about what they did to PROVEN terrorists as if they are killing people to force religious ideals on people that themselves scarcely follow shouldn't be treated as human. Though should not be permitted on those that have no been sentenced or holding those not charged for anything more then a few days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made this recently in commemoration of Obama OK'ing torture. Since it's OK they ought to set free those kids who did the Abu Girab stuff, since we know now they really were "just following orders". Hell, we ought to carve their heads in the side of mountain somewhere so we can take a pilgrimage there!

"When the president does it it's not illegal." -Richard Nixon

Incase no one gets my angry jokes, I want America to be better than this. Gitmo, Abu Girab, the torture scandals and refusal to prosecute, is all complete disgrace. Everyone involved in perpetrating any levels of it should be jailed "indefinitely" and subjected to the same treatments they ordered, since it isn't torture I'm certainly not wrong to suggest it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as far as Abu Girab stuff.....i say if it cant get you into a fraternity at Chico State University it aint torture.....

as far as the radical muslims and how they should be treated.......this group is willing to die for their cause by strappin a bomb to themselves and walking into the middle of a market and pushing the button.....they activly seek out CIVILIAN targets instead of military ones.......they seem more willing to kill their own ppl......conventional rules of war DO NOT APPLY......the Geneva Convention was done so that if war between two countries that signed it breaks out they have guidelines to go by so when push comes to shove and the fighting stops they can go back to atleast tollerating each other without two much bad blood between them to cause sever tentions during times of peace....

as far as innocents in Gitmo....if the muslims would do a better job of policing their own maybe it wouldnt happen....growing up, no matter how good of a friend a guy was if he hit his girlfriend and the rest of us found out about it we beat some sense into them.....all i ask of the Muslims is the same....if you aint going to police your own, dont complain bout how someone else does the policing for you.....
    cervid serial killer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is some of the "torture" done at Guantanamo Bay:

* They were repeatedly punched, kicked, slapped, forcibly injected with drugs, deprived of sleep, hooded, photographed naked and subjected to body cavity searches and sexual and religious humiliations.

* The American guard told the inmates: "The world does not know you're here - we would kill you and no-one would know".

* Mr Iqbal said when he arrived at Guantanamo, one of the soldiers told him: "You killed my family in the towers and now it's time to get back at you".

* Mr Rasul said an MI5 officer had told him during an interrogation that he would be detained in Guantanamo for life.

* The men said they saw the beating of mentally-ill inmates.

* Another man was left brain damaged after a beating by soldiers as punishment for attempting suicide.

* The Britons said an inmate told them he was shown a video of hooded men - apparently inmates - being forced to sodomize one another.

* Guards threw prisoners' Korans into toilets and tried to force them to give up their religion

* one man had pepper-spray sprayed directly into his eyeball until his eyeball was white. He is now completely blind in that eye.

* Moazzam Begg experienced "strappado" (a form of torture in which the victim's hands are first tied behind their back, and then he or she is suspended in the air by means of a rope attached to wrists, which most likely dislocates both arms. Weights may be added to the body to intensify the effect and increase the pain.)

I can't see why Der_Führer approves of this.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast