What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tamlin Dawnstar Generosity Award

I would like to nominate CPlantaholic for the mythical “Tamlin Dawnstar Generosity Award” that recognizes someone who has nurtured and promoted an interest in carnivorous plants through various acts of kindness. Members of the forum who have been around for a few years are likely to remember Tamlin, who had a big heart and was willing to share his extensive knowledge of carnivorous plants, particularly drosera. He also distributed seeds of many varieties of drosera free of charge (except for an SASE) because he wanted others to enjoy them. Sadly, a debilitating illness prevented him from tending to his collection, and he has shifted his interests to other things. Fortunately, however, CPlantaholic has resurrected the spirit of Tamlin with his recent giveaways of different types of drosera, some of which are quite rare. The “Tamlin Dawnstar Generosity Award” has no monetary value, but but simply acknowledges that the CP community on TerraForums recognizes the recipient’s efforts to advance and broaden an interest in carnivorous plants.

I'll second the motion.

Third the motion, I cant recall how many pm's I've sent him filled with questions on Drosera.
The only thing larger then his heart is his Drosera collection :p
Thanks Aaron!

all in favor?

AY!

Certainly. I just recently sowed some seeds from his recent enormous giveaway. I only wish that someday I have the ability to be as generous.

i always like to hope everyone who could do something like this would. We can hope right?

6th/7th (i cant count apparently) it!

go aaron!!

aww, thanks. I'm truly flattered :).

I'm just trying to give back to the cp community after gleaning so much great info from the members here!
What Tamlin did was absolutely incredible! I can't imagine sending out loads and loads of plants for free, but I'm happy to send out a few seeds, since they are easier to deal with. But even if you give out just a few packets of seed every so often, you can be assured that it will make Tamlin's day!
Thanks again for this great award :D!!!
Aaron

Great idea! We SHOULD institute the Tamlin Dawnstar Generosity Award! We can nominate people we think fit his ideals for dispensing plants and growing knowledge for the sheer love of plants and sharing.

(And don't forget, there has been a request that any one who won a plant or seeds in the auction, that you propagate that plant and hand it down to the next highest bidder...and that person hand it down when he or she can to the next person. By next year, there will be more plants, born of giving, than every before!

Back