What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading the Photoshop trial

After reinstalling my operating system I no longer have Photoshop 7 and I "can't live without it" so I'm thinking about downloading the Photoshop CS4 free trial and then paying for it when the 30 or 90 days is up. Does the download save fully to a CD-R so that if you have to reinstall or upgrade your OS you'll not loose the program? How do you pay when the time comes? After you pay do you get a serial # to permanently unlock it or do you have to download another copy?

Also, when using the free trial version, does it put a "Photoshop" water mark on it or anything or is it a full/unaltered version?

its a full unaltered version so you dont need to worry about any watermark...

I'd assume that if you wipe your computer you lose that trial version :( but I'm not 100% sure i've never had that specific instance happen to me.

I just mean, if I spend $700 on a download, I want to be sure and have a backup copy somewhere cos next fall or something they'll have the CS5 download online and the CS4 serial won't work for that. I also want to download the trial for free just to be sure it'll actually install on XP-64, so many programs have 16 bit installers and this 64bit OS won't even recognize that there's a disk in the tray. Nobody who writes glowing reviews about XP64 ever mentioned this fun fact when I had the PC built. :(

But that's why I didn't just run off to Best Buy today and get my greedy little hands on it, they won't take it back once you've opened it.

What I've done in the past, is to purchase an earlier version of Photoshop from some anonymous online auction sources and to simply buy the appropriate upgrade for a third of the price of the full program . . .

why not just buy the CS package from amazon or the likes?

Like I said, cos if it won't install on XP64 for some reason I can't return it. If the download doesn't install no biggie - I didn't spend anything to find out "that won't work". I have no idea how the guy who built my PC got PS7 to install since almost none of my other disks will work on the 64 bit OS.

Got Mac?

heh, heh, heh . . .

If you download it you will probably get an activation code, which I assume would work on any trial version (you would then redownload it). Or, they have a record and will get a new code whenever you ask. I'm not sure, though.

xvart.

Well I've got it downloaded from Adobe and fired up no hassles with my Wacom drawing pen tablet or the 64 bit so that's cool.

It's a pretty slick workspace of course I'm used to a decade old version or so! They make you download CS4extended but you don't have to use the 3D tools in the extended version if you're not doing 3D. I had wanted to do 3D until I got a few 3D programs like Blender and Bryce... NOPE! It's mechanical art for me all the way, painting using a digital brush (or rather drawing with a Wacom tablet) and polymer clay. I'll leave those polygons and skin maps and math quizzes to you techies! :D

Back