User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PT Barnum would be proud............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PT Barnum would be proud............

The first “anti-stab” knife is to go on sale in Britain, designed to work as normal in the kitchen but to be ineffective as a weapon.

The knife has a rounded edge instead of a point and will snag on clothing and skin to make it more difficult to stab someone.

It was invented by industrial designer John Cornock, who was inspired by a documentary in which doctors advocated banning traditional knives.

Mr Cornock, 42, from Swindon, said that the knife will cut vegetables, but will make it almost impossible to stab someone to death and will reduce the risk of accidental injuries.
    Related Links

He said: “It can never be a totally safe knife, but the idea is you can’t inflict a fatal wound. Nobody could just grab one out of the kitchen drawer and kill someone.”

The knife is expected to sell for around £40-50 and has been tested with “very favourable” results by the Home Office’s Design and Technology Alliance - set up to research products that can deter crime.

#1: you can stab someone with that knife....im 100% positive i can get up enough force with one arm to sink that thing "up to the hilt" in human flesh....

#2: yah can still slice some one open with the sharp edge........

#3: suppose the inventor will get sued for false advertising or false expectation of safety or some such thing when the first person gets stabbed with this knife?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's....a stupid idea, i totally agree rattler -_- i just don't see how it's not possible to stab someone to death with a knife.
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that's funny. I especially enjoyed the PT Barnum reference. lol.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can stab somebody with a blunt stick if you've got the right force and angle behind it. Maybe the dull edge is several centimeters wide? That would make stabbing a lot harder.
    This is really confusing. If you wanted to hurt someone with these things, it wouldn't be hard at all, even if you couldn't stab effectively. So it seems that it's more for preventing accidents than assault. But how often do you accidentally stab yourself? If they really want an accident-proof knife, they should find some sort of sci-fi super material that only cuts nonliving things. Interesting find, rattler.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical Brits . . .

I once attended a "football" game in England back in the late 1980s with the very peaceable no-guns-for-me Britons resorting to lobbing darts -- yes, darts -- at the fans of the opposing team.

Ambulances did arrive . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just made a knife that can't stab anyone.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: Why would anybody buy this unless normal knives were outlawed? Presumably, the stabber is not going to buy one of these to do his stabbing...

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedjar View Post
    You can stab somebody with a blunt stick if you've got the right force and angle behind it. Maybe the dull edge is several centimeters wide? That would make stabbing a lot harder.
    This is really confusing. If you wanted to hurt someone with these things, it wouldn't be hard at all, even if you couldn't stab effectively. So it seems that it's more for preventing accidents than assault. But how often do you accidentally stab yourself? If they really want an accident-proof knife, they should find some sort of sci-fi super material that only cuts nonliving things. Interesting find, rattler.
    ~Joe
    it was developed because the Brits have been cracking down on knives because knives are being used in the commission of violent crimes...this knife was "developed" to make it difficult for a criminal to use it as a weapon.....

actually there are some US officials trying to start some dumb law in that if you can open up a folding knife with one hand it is not to be imported....we arent just talking spring activated switchblades....we are talking any knife that has a knob on the blade so that you can open it one handed by using your thumb to push on the knob....like shown on the blade of this knife:

anyone that uses a knife alot(i use my pocket knife more than my cell phone) knows how handy it is to be able to open up a blade one handed cause the other hand is other wise occupied holding on to what needs to be cut.....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast