What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spray and grow for cps?

Hard to say because it doesn't tell you what exactly those "micronutrients" consist of.

I'd say no just to be safe.

I'd stay away from it. If i'm not mistaken the label says there's zinc in it. I dont know what zinc has in general but there's no need to use fertilizer. If you want to fertilize your Neps or Droseras just get some blood worms or some diluted orchid fertilizer and only apply on the leaves and/or pitchers.

k. i have epiphytes delight. the nutrients are iron and zinc. i thought not, but it would be cool

http://www.spray-n-growgardening.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SNG&top=17
It says it's not a fertilizer, would it be safe for cps? probably not. But please answer it. i got some, and was wo0ndering if it could work

Epiphyte's Delight comes highly recommended by many carnivorous plant growers, including Peter D'Amato, who mentions his having used it "on virtually all carnivorous plant species" in The Savage Garden. I too have used it and orchid 30:10:10 fertilizers for several years without incident . . .

As with any fertilizer with micronutrients, it might be wise to flush the pots a couple days after use.

xvart.

Ive been using a 20-20-20 fertilizer for a few months now with no side effects.

i use good old fashion bugs, a little bit of kelp extract, and superthrive in my humidifiers tank.

Feeder crickets are awesome for beefing up Neps that have pitchers big enough to feed without rotting them however I always also fertilized at least twice a month with Gro More Urea Free orchid fertilizer. It has all the macro and micro-nutrients (including zinc). I still use it on my succulents, I've just switched to a phosphate heavy version instead of a balanced one like Tropical 20-20-20.

I should add for the Neps I only used it at about 1/2 strength and watered the Neps twice a week so every fourth watering they got some liquid ferts and every two weeks each pitcher big enough got a defrosted cricket, sometimes several if it was a huge pitcher.

Do be kind and tell your family or roomates that you're keeping crickets in a certain bag in the freezer... they hate those kinds of "suprises" when they're looking for food! :D

Do be kind and tell your family or roomates that you're keeping crickets in a certain bag in the freezer... they hate those kinds of "suprises" when they're looking for food!

the better one is when they unexpectedly pull out a rat :D the joys of keeping snakes :D

lol! I remember as a kid my uncle had stashed a bunch of fowl he must not have had time to dress in the freezer and didn't tell me. He said "go get us some ice cream" so I ran to get some ice cream and found a freezer full of dead birds! :D

Back