What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst weather within 9-10 years, record-breaking rainfall from '73

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pond

Adam

Sarracenia Collector
Last night in pittsburgh, all surrounding sothwest PA, Eatern OH, WV panhandle, there were storms from about 6:30-11. Luckily, Thanks to quick thinking, and reporters saying there may be hail, i was able to save my plants. As soon as i heard, i ran outside to my neps, and brought them in, and my mom got my plants in the pond there. No plants were damaged, except some bent over milkweed. Now, i normally don't get scared by storms, but i held my ears for the thunder, it was so loud.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/weather/19785191/detail.html
TENroaches, how are your plants doing?

Tornadic weather is definitely no fun. Glad you were able to save your plants though. I grew up in Harris County, (essentially NW Houston). Tornadoes were very common there, and it was almost like living in fear... I know how you feel.

Phil

Luckily, no tornadoes in my area.

I had my plants outside during it, under a glass table on the deck. My plants that were in those plastic containers from Lowe's were pretty full of water, with my butterwort floating.

I went out the morning after and took some pictures. They even said my name on the air on WTAE when they showed one of the pictures I submitted. ^_^

http://picasaweb.google.com/Tim.Cherepko/Jun182009# for pictures I took of damage at the local ballfields. I returned some minnows from the parking lot and thick mud in the fields to the creek. I moved several crayfish from the parking lot to over near the creek.

Our sump pump, we found out, was broken, but we had no damage, because my dad and I bucketed it out of the sump pit. Wasn't too bad. I put in a new sump pump yesterday.

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3165.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3148.JPG

I missed it! I was watching for 2 hours! anyways, i didn't know your name at least... so all your plants are ok? Luckily i saved them just in time

I missed it! I was watching for 2 hours! anyways, i didn't know your name at least... so all your plants are ok? Luckily i saved them just in time

It was on the 5:00 news on WTAE on the day after the storm. They showed another picture I took on the 6:00 news.

I would've moved those crayfish into my belly :D

Cool snake!

Jason

Back