Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: seriously PETA?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they insane?! they want to kill cp's just to save a few flies?!
    <Heli> How are you guys losing your hamatas?
    <Brokken> Heli: The hamburglar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seedjar View Post
    but did it seem a little weird to anyone how they cite several widely varying figures about how many animals PETA actually adopts out?
    Part of that discontinuity is that PETA seems to fudge its numbers depending on who they talk to...

Pyro, did you have a chance to look at the sources they linked to? I'm getting ready for work right now so I can't get too involved.
    Been through them a couple time but been a while. Best thing to look at is under the chart on the right side that says "Skeptical? Click here>>>" That opens a PDF. The PDF is public files that PETA is required by law to turn in on an annual basis. CCF obtains copies of those files from public records via FIA.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just more of the same wackiness.

I can still recall, some years back, a PETA table set out in my home town of Santa Cruz, California -- with a message then set to align themselves with the radical feminist movement present there. I'll never forget it:

"How can we [as women] persist in our fight for equality when we insist upon biting down on the greasy bones of little murdered birds?"

No kidding. Verbatim.

Because . . . they're sooo tasty?
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And with this information out...no one has really tried to stop them? For example, not give them the pets for them to ¨try to find¨new homes and such? Kind of confused.

Also, I cracked up on the PETA Kills Animal site where there´s a billboard saying in NYC Time Square:

¨PETA Kills Animals!¨

And below it:

¨It´s a prime time to laugh. TBS.¨
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the Peta report on Fox last night. The only time Fox would refer to Peta for a news piece! lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going against PETA is an extreme challenge because they have a huge level of support from lots of celebrities (and you know our country is populated by sheep who follow celebrities like gods) and a whole heaping ton of cash. When smaller groups try to challenge them PETA just throws all their funding into slamming them back down... In those cases it is a war of attrition and the small group falls because they run out of funds first.

There are some cases were the truth comes out. Like the NC trial. But it still ends up with PETA getting away with their crap because they have the big money for big lawyers and the legal system is so screwed that it allows them to abuse it.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If PETAs so bad who are the "good" animal rights people?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    If PETAs so bad who are the "good" animal rights people?
    It's not that they're particularly bad; it's just that they've become caricatures of themselves, ideologues -- or, at least many of its California proponents. I know of which I speak.

I don't care what brand name -- sexual, political, religious, etc. -- they carry or fall under; I won't deal with fanatics of any ilk.

Let the fur fly . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast