What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vault workers

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
Things have been a little rough, between two full time jobs and volunteering... my time has been a bit tight. The vault in itself is a part time job alone, and it's been slipping a bit.

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Vault Workers</td></tr></tbody></table>They guys have been hanging around for the past week or so, and I couldn't stand to see my Nepenthes suffer. So I decided to give them a job and see how it would turn out.

Right away they went to work cutting basals like pros!

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Vault Workers</td></tr></tbody></table>The seedlings are always something I worry about, one day too dry and they're toast. I made sure to make one of them pay close attention to those...

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Vault Workers</td></tr></tbody></table>Some of my hanging pots were nearly ready to fall off the hooks until this guy fixed them up. (He does a good job, but not much for conversation)

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Vault Workers</td></tr></tbody></table>I told them to change the pre-filter of the RO unit... while doing it, they made a few tweaks resulting in a 10% gain in efficiency!

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Vault Workers</td></tr></tbody></table>Here they are mixing media while I was out at lunch...

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Vault Workers</td></tr></tbody></table>In the afternoon we spent all day doing some R&D for a new environmental control.

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Vault Workers</td></tr></tbody></table>
In all, what could I say? During a day's work we got through so many things that I would have spent a month doing by myself!

However, things did get a bit ugly once they started drinking... :crap:

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Vault Workers</td></tr></tbody></table>

-Nathan

Potentially the best photo series of all time.

Jason

i love it so much its not even funny.

Greatest Combination carnivorous plant and non cp elements, very cool!

I needa get me some workers xD

my time has been a bit tight.

Obviously... :-))

Seriously though: 100% awesome. I think the best part is the photo composition. I think you are working them too hard; your one helper hasn't even had time for a shave in a day or so.

xvart.

Just think how mad they're gonna be when they get laid-off! :D

LOL. That's great. You did an awesome job with those pictures.

- love it! I didn't think that midgets (or is it vertically challenged peoples) could move that fast.

Back