User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Racist Fireworks Found Being Sold in Wis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I find those fireworks offensive.
    "I may be on the side of angels, but do not mistake me for one."

Wolfn's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dashy,
    If you don't like the news cos it's depressing you don't need to watch it. "The world is full of ***** darling!" As someone once said.
    And that will probably never change.

However, I can imagine how much you'd be in the dark about what's going on in the world if you only wanted happy-go-lucky human interest stories. I want to know what's going on no matter how dire. I get more upset over the things we aren't being told of or the lies we're being fed in the US news than the stuff we are told about outright.

I only watch BBC and Headline News cos there's not so much of the left/right punditry like on the major US news channels - which is more sickening to me than bad news. Glen Beck, Keith Oberman, O'reilly (pipe down Rattler! lol), Lou Dobbs, that girl after Oberman whatever her name is... I can't watch any of that stuff. I just want the what and when of the report, I'll make up my own dumb opinion I don't want or need theirs or their guests opinions shouted at me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dashy,
    If you don't like the news don't watch it. "The world is full of ***** darling!"

However, I can imagine how much you'd be in the dark about what's going on in the world if you only wanted happy-go-lucky human interest stories.
    OK. I lied. The last post was not the last for the night.

Swords,

That's good. Dashy! Has a nice ring to it.

This story is the least of my worries. I posted on a whim before I was going to bed and it bit me in the buttocks. What can I do but wish you all a happy 4th of July. Don't catch your houses on fire with misguided bottle rocktets!

I hope I didn't offend anyone as this was not my intent. I was just trying to ... not sure what I was trying to do other than play devils advocate I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You be safe too!

Only Sparklers are legal here but people who like blowing things up all just drive into WI for their 4th of July supplies where you can buy "anything".
    I outgrew fireworks at a young age when I momentarily melted the skin of my thumb and forefinger together with a "jumping jack", I'm long done with that stuff now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of skimmed through, but that kind of thing was widely said and thought about Irish a long time ago both here and in Britain, both in writing and in newspaper/magazine cartoons. The Irish, being pretty powerless at the time, were extremely sensitive to it and threatened by it. Many people considered the Irish to be a different and "lower" race. Now that people of Irish ancestry are White and as well entrenched as people of any other ancestry, they mostly tolerate the drunken Irish stereotype and go along with it & live it up.

As for flag burning, I think places like car dealerships hanging flags everywhere this week and loading up their ads with flags, etc is far more insulting to the flag and those things for which it stands. At least someone who burns it sees it as a powerful symbol of something. I hate seeing it used for crass marketing.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CAIR huh?

Finally! A completely fair and impartial civil rights group to straighten everything out..........
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think CAIR claims to be impartial and, like every other organization or person, they aren't likely to be. They advocate for their side of the story and, truth be told, somebody has to do it because there's a lot of ignorance about Muslims in the US. Just like there's a lot of ignorance about the US in the Muslim world. But we don't have the excuse of having teeming masses of uneducated poor people looking for a scapegoat. We have teeming masses of educated middle class people looking for a scapegoat and that's pathetic.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clue View Post
    Rattler, some groups are more sensitive then others. Let's not like this become like the MJ thread.
    so just cause a group is more sensitive they get treated different......screw'em all, grow a thicker hide.......life is to short to get worked up about this kinda stuff.....

this is a group of ppl that started rioting in Europe over a political cartoon......if they are going to destroy thousands of dollars worth of other ppls property over a cartoon printed in a newspaper maybe they should be wiped out cause they have no respect for anyone else.....if it was a group of European ancestry doing it we wouldnt stand for it, why should we because they are Muslim?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast