Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about moving them back to the side of the house (preferably the East)? If they did OK there, leave them there until they're well-established. And I would go with the shade cloth to reduce their stress. I have no experience with such conditions, but that's what I think.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it normal for the sundews current leaves not having any dew on them at all? are they like the VFTs where the newer leaves will be stronger than the old?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the new leaves should be adapted once they come out. What type of dew is it? If it is an adelae I suggest moving it to a shadier spot, a window does well. It's one of the few dews that does not do well in full sun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about capensis, marstons dragon, Dicatoma, and Multifidia extrema can all of these endure full sun ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They sure can, all of those LOVE full sun. New growth should look fine and be full of thick dew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    California desert is a very different environment from what any of us know in the East. Verify what you should do with people in your area, or maybe with Andrew, the owner of Terraforums, since he's in Tucson.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HNorth makes a good point Spin, shade cloth may help or early/late sun and shade during the hottest parts of the day will help if your temps are consistently 100+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well hopefully someone from the westcoast will see this before its too late lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12