Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of weird mutations lately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya definitely could have been chlorine as the RO filter I was using could have just needed to be replaced. But I'm still stumped on the outdoor mutations. Those plants only receive rain water and occasionally distilled water.

As for the RH it's fairly stable (says the hygrometer) with a range of 20-30%. We'll see if the next couple pitchers develop normally or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'll stick with the RH is the cause of your nepenthes issues... bump that up and they'll be doing all crazy natural things.

Chlorine is very easy to remove, 24 hours of just sitting around and it will evaporate. If you have any type of RO setup it's removed very quickly. AV should be able to back up or debunk that very quickly. But I rarely... well never worry about chlorine.

As for the VFT's they do crazy stuff all the time! That's the fun about growing them... And the reason we have so many cultivars, give them any excuse and they will do something crazy. Become huge, become red, become fused tooth, become giants, become pom poms... and so forth.

VFT's seem to be on the cutting edge of being ready to adapt as a population. Next thing you know, they'll be spitting out traps from their flowers... oh wait they do that whenever they feel like it already...

Lots of weird mutations lately
    From California Carnivours 2008

As for the sundew, I agree with the statement that a bug or something happened to it during development.

Once you start growing plants out doors, it's like sending someone off to college... they're in the real world. They can be superstars if they are in the right situation or be mugged while coming back from the bar. You can't baby them as you would in a green house, and you can't stop the wild life from enjoying your exotic collection either while you sleep.

omnomnomnom,
    Nate
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow very cool pic Nathan! Those look like they're loving whatever conditions you're giving them. Did that flower stalk eventually die off? Or does it stay permanently since there is a new plant with no roots?

For the Drosera I had not thought about it being munched on DURING development and sounds like a VERY VERY possible and likely case. Scratch that one off the mutation list. Maybe I dont need to be worried about radiation after all XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat-o. Nice miranda.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12