Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    Of course (if you've read the Divinci Code) you know the pentagram isnt even a legit satanic symbol anyway!
    its actually early Christian!
    but the church later demonized the symbol and said it was satanic..to discredit the "original" church which threatened their power..

Scot
    That reminds me, I've heard once that a cross with the circle around the spot where it intersects is actually a Pagan symbol, and churches commonly have it. :P
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cross & circle is a Celtic cross and it symbolizes the basketball goal that the Boston Celtics shot so many balls through in winning so many NBA titles. Ooops ... sources tell me that isn't entirely accurate and that the Celtic cross actually is a combination an old Celtic symbol and a cross. Religions frequently incorporate local symbols as they expand into new areas, which is why Christianity has adopted or at least tolerates a lot of ancient pagan symbols and traditions. The pagans are probably thinking, "Darn it, we should have registered that trademark. We'd hit those Christians with the mother of all trademark infringement lawsuits." But it's too late now.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This here is a "celtic cross" and is what Capensis is referring to I think.

Now, one of my favorite subjects, occult symbolism... Today: The Baphomet

I love the Baphomet symbol, it has such a scattered history and causes such panic in both the pious and the paranoid. Originally invented by Jaques DeMolay and the Knights Templars under torture. France couldn't repay their debt owed to this army of freelancers so the Templars were invited to France and then arrested (on the original "Friday the 13th"). France owed the Templars a great deal of money for wars rendered and France also believed the Knights had a secret treasure somewhere, and they intended to try and get it. Under torture the Templars admitted serving and giving obeisances to a creature called "Bahamut" (many people believing this actually to be a perversion of "Muhammut" or "Mohammed"!) Accused of Demonacy, commiting sodomistic rites (homosexuality) and cannibalism the Templars were burned at the stake. Then it was adopted and originally illustrated in the late 1800s by Eliphas Levi (Alphonse Constant) as his kabbalistic construct of light/dark male/female in his book Transcendental Magic it's dogma and ritual . From there it spread through Rosicrucian magic orders. It's not any older than that.

The Baphomet Star shown here in it's original form spelling LVTHN (Leviathan) in Hebrew around it's perimeter was invented by Anton Szandor LaVey and the Church of Satan in San Francisco, CA in the 1960s. So this star is even younger than Levis goat engraving shown above.

The pentacles mentioned earlier "point up" or "point down" are much older than either of the Baphomet designs. And can be found in the Greater Key Of Solomon the King and the Goetia or Lemegeton (book of evil spirits) both works purportedly by Solomon himself but who knows, the earliest manuscript copies are from the 1400s I believe. Often writers tacked on a famous persons name to get the work circulating. But these earlier invoking/evoking pentacles do not include the goat in the design. The pentacle with the man in it is from Henry Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy from the 1500s (the new edition by Tyson is excellent).

To the people with vested interests in keeping their genes, minds, religion, etc. separate from others "unity in diversity" is indeed a scary thing, as bad as being a "devil worshiper" which I guess is what was intended with the Baphomet star being compared to a unity coin... I'd love to see the world unite as one and smash all this ridiculous nation loving BS. I've had enough race talk, country talk and god talk from our dear departed leaders. The human organism can not evolve under such controlled conditions. Us humans are like a bunch of newts waiting for our gills to fall off so we can move on to the next step in our evolution. And by evolve I mean a mental evolution away from the stone age philosophies that have held us imprisoned on this planet, venerating the mummies in power and our dead gods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Thanks swords.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on, the coin design shares much more shape with this than a pentagram:

Last edited by JRFxtreme; 07-12-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: new image

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure the pentagram is actually pre-Christian. In Euclid's time, the pentagram was a symbol of places of mathematical learning. The method of constructing a pentagram from a line of arbitrary length was a prized skill, proof of intelligence and education. The Greeks were very big on geometry as a meditative and philosophical subject, and the pentagram is mathematically significant for a number of reasons; most notably, by scribing a star within a circle, you can find the square root of two as the length of one of the internal line segments, and that was a delight to the early geometry and algebra communities. It's been given various religious meanings because it appears in all sorts of old religious texts (in pre-Gutenberg times priests were the only ones who knew how to write things down, so almost all written records of those times come from churches.) At the time, science and religion had not yet diverged significantly, and many abstract sciences such as mathematics were assigned with spiritual and metaphysical significance.
    That coin looks nothing like a pentagram to me. Closer to a Star of David.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! There's no "In God we Trust" motto on the coin?!?!

Imagine that! LOL!
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was only speaking of the specific Baphomet Sigil/Star that was equated with the coin in the initial post and is shown all over the web on biblical prophecy and rightwing paranoia sites. I've seen it attributed to the Masons, the Freemasons, the Illuminati, the Reptilian Illuminati, the Jews, the Muslims on and on...
    Indeed early math, geometry and algebra were considered magical, or rather a sign of divine perfection. Some people still try to prove their slant on metaphysics by saying "Because 1 + 1 always equals 2" My dad for instance!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast