What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aeFVNYQpByU4
By Lyubov Pronina

July 10 (Bloomberg) -- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev illustrated his call for a supranational currency to replace the dollar by pulling from his pocket a sample coin of a “united future world currency.”

“Here it is,” Medvedev told reporters today in L’Aquila, Italy, after a summit of the Group of Eight nations. “You can see it and touch it.”

The coin, which bears the words “unity in diversity,” was minted in Belgium and presented to the heads of G-8 delegations, Medvedev said.

The question of a supranational currency “concerns everyone now, even the mints,” Medvedev said. The test coin “means they’re getting ready. I think it’s a good sign that we understand how interdependent we are.”

Medvedev has repeatedly called for creating a mix of regional reserve currencies as part of the drive to address the global financial crisis, while questioning the U.S. dollar’s future as a global reserve currency. Russia’s proposals for the G-20 meeting in London in April included the creation of a supranational currency.

f8342b3343de.jpg

6d22f9b4a5f7.jpg

s640x480.jpg

Goat head on a pentagram

1a8340b6bd6a.jpg

Post stolen from another forum that I frequent. To say the least, I'm not much of a religious fellow, but I've seen a few documentaries so I couldn't help but :0o: at the similarities between the two pics there.

Anyways, discuss. :jester:

I look at that image and see a plant in a pot or maybe flowers in a vase. Someone else looks at it and sees a goat's head in a pentagram. I wonder what Dr. Rorschach would say about us. Methinks I'm the healthy one.

LOL.

Yeah, that'll ever happen. No-one would want to share the same currency with the US, the most counterfeited currency of all time. We would actually be making money on the deal I think.

I guess I see the similarities...but if the pentagram was never mentioned, I'd never see it, lol. It just looks like a plant/tree with diverse leaves to go along with "Unity in Diversity."

What kind of plant is that I wonder.

Anyway, the design looks horrible imo.

Of course (if you've read the Divinci Code) you know the pentagram isnt even a legit satanic symbol anyway!
its actually early Christian!
but the church later demonized the symbol and said it was satanic..to discredit the "original" church which threatened their power..

(since we are on the topic of ridiculous theorys..I thought I throw that one in just for fun!) ;)

I like the coin design!
its looks nice..
I agree it will never happen..
still, the coin looks good..but seeing the pentagram in it is REALLY a stretch..
icon-rolleyes.gif

Scot

the upside down pentagram has only been connected to Satan in the last 100 years or so.....in the middle ages a right side up pentagram symbolized summer....the upside down pentagram meant winter......kinda like the swastika.....its an old native american symbol as well as being present in many cultures going back atleast as far as 3,000 years ago.....its only when the Nazi's adopted in the first part of the 20th century it that it had negative connotations.....

Of course (if you've read the Divinci Code) you know the pentagram isnt even a legit satanic symbol anyway!
its actually early Christian!
but the church later demonized the symbol and said it was satanic..to discredit the "original" church which threatened their power..

Scot

That reminds me, I've heard once that a cross with the circle around the spot where it intersects is actually a Pagan symbol, and churches commonly have it. :p

The cross & circle is a Celtic cross and it symbolizes the basketball goal that the Boston Celtics shot so many balls through in winning so many NBA titles. Ooops ... sources tell me that isn't entirely accurate and that the Celtic cross actually is a combination an old Celtic symbol and a cross. Religions frequently incorporate local symbols as they expand into new areas, which is why Christianity has adopted or at least tolerates a lot of ancient pagan symbols and traditions. The pagans are probably thinking, "Darn it, we should have registered that trademark. We'd hit those Christians with the mother of all trademark infringement lawsuits." But it's too late now.

This here is a "celtic cross" and is what Capensis is referring to I think.
celtic_cross_rectangle_belt_buckle.jpg

Now, one of my favorite subjects, occult symbolism... Today: The Baphomet
cienciareal16_01.jpg

baphomet%281%29.bmp

I love the Baphomet symbol, it has such a scattered history and causes such panic in both the pious and the paranoid. Originally invented by Jaques DeMolay and the Knights Templars under torture. France couldn't repay their debt owed to this army of freelancers so the Templars were invited to France and then arrested (on the original "Friday the 13th"). France owed the Templars a great deal of money for wars rendered and France also believed the Knights had a secret treasure somewhere, and they intended to try and get it. Under torture the Templars admitted serving and giving obeisances to a creature called "Bahamut" (many people believing this actually to be a perversion of "Muhammut" or "Mohammed"!) Accused of Demonacy, commiting sodomistic rites (homosexuality) and cannibalism the Templars were burned at the stake. Then it was adopted and originally illustrated in the late 1800s by Eliphas Levi (Alphonse Constant) as his kabbalistic construct of light/dark male/female in his book Transcendental Magic it's dogma and ritual . From there it spread through Rosicrucian magic orders. It's not any older than that.

baphomet_star.jpg

The Baphomet Star shown here in it's original form spelling LVTHN (Leviathan) in Hebrew around it's perimeter was invented by Anton Szandor LaVey and the Church of Satan in San Francisco, CA in the 1960s. So this star is even younger than Levis goat engraving shown above.

The pentacles mentioned earlier "point up" or "point down" are much older than either of the Baphomet designs. And can be found in the Greater Key Of Solomon the King and the Goetia or Lemegeton (book of evil spirits) both works purportedly by Solomon himself but who knows, the earliest manuscript copies are from the 1400s I believe. Often writers tacked on a famous persons name to get the work circulating. But these earlier invoking/evoking pentacles do not include the goat in the design. The pentacle with the man in it is from Henry Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy from the 1500s (the new edition by Tyson is excellent).

To the people with vested interests in keeping their genes, minds, religion, etc. separate from others "unity in diversity" is indeed a scary thing, as bad as being a "devil worshiper" which I guess is what was intended with the Baphomet star being compared to a unity coin... I'd love to see the world unite as one and smash all this ridiculous nation loving BS. I've had enough race talk, country talk and god talk from our dear departed leaders. The human organism can not evolve under such controlled conditions. Us humans are like a bunch of newts waiting for our gills to fall off so we can move on to the next step in our evolution. And by evolve I mean a mental evolution away from the stone age philosophies that have held us imprisoned on this planet, venerating the mummies in power and our dead gods.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Thanks swords. :)

Oh come on, the coin design shares much more shape with this than a pentagram:

coin99.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the pentagram is actually pre-Christian. In Euclid's time, the pentagram was a symbol of places of mathematical learning. The method of constructing a pentagram from a line of arbitrary length was a prized skill, proof of intelligence and education. The Greeks were very big on geometry as a meditative and philosophical subject, and the pentagram is mathematically significant for a number of reasons; most notably, by scribing a star within a circle, you can find the square root of two as the length of one of the internal line segments, and that was a delight to the early geometry and algebra communities. It's been given various religious meanings because it appears in all sorts of old religious texts (in pre-Gutenberg times priests were the only ones who knew how to write things down, so almost all written records of those times come from churches.) At the time, science and religion had not yet diverged significantly, and many abstract sciences such as mathematics were assigned with spiritual and metaphysical significance.
That coin looks nothing like a pentagram to me. Closer to a Star of David.
~Joe

Hey! There's no "In God we Trust" motto on the coin?!?!

Imagine that! LOL! ;)

I was only speaking of the specific Baphomet Sigil/Star that was equated with the coin in the initial post and is shown all over the web on biblical prophecy and rightwing paranoia sites. I've seen it attributed to the Masons, the Freemasons, the Illuminati, the Reptilian Illuminati, the Jews, the Muslims on and on...
Indeed early math, geometry and algebra were considered magical, or rather a sign of divine perfection. Some people still try to prove their slant on metaphysics by saying "Because 1 + 1 always equals 2" My dad for instance!

Is that Medvedev's fingerprint on the coin in the picture of it in the palm of his hand?
If so, hmmmm.....

Ohhhhh....interesting stuff...keep it coming people, lol.

Maybe I'm missing something but why is unity a bad thing exactly? I've never had the anti-world unity schemiel explained fully so if there's any one who can give me the lowdown on why a united world is bad I'd like to hear the reasons. I only have my conjectures to go on.

My mom went to one of those wild and crazy bible prophecy churches like Sarah Palin's for a while when I was kid. They were always worried about a possible united world as a sign of the end times - among countless other "signs". For a group of people so against divination and reading omens every week the pastor had "seen new signs of the end times". Which semantically is simply attempting to read omens like any other old druid. I thought that unity among varied groups of people was the point of world peace. Which is what, as a kid, I thought religion was supposed to be all about. The only thing I got out of going with my mom to that church a couple times was an interest in conspiracy theories and trying to find out why people believe the things they do! :D

I thought that unity among varied groups of people was the point of world peace. Which is what, as a kid, I thought religion was supposed to be all about.

Don't tell me you haven't read Revelations. Yes, unity is the point of (way to?) world peace. But according to the New Testament, you can't have world peace until you have the rapture, and that doesn't happen until everything goes to crap.
If I'm not mistaken, the world falling under rule of a single kingdom is a big part of Biblical prophecy - I think it's supposed to happen sometime around the time of the anti-Christ.
~Joe

Back