Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An unnecessary gadget I must have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.xoxide.com/superslim-illu...ard-black.html

I had that one for a while, loved it. I was a bit rough with it though, and eventually it stopped working. might get another one some day since they're so cheap.

Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can type in complete darkness. Learning to touch type in 6th grade REALLY helps when you have to type fast. Also, I still can type with 2 fingers on one hand, and 4 fingers depending on how I am sitting. My mom does the 2 finger thing, and I keep telling her it only takes about a month to get use to so she can actually do fifty words a minute that she is suppose to be able to do when she becomes a nurse.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your wrists are hurting you may have some repetitive stress related injuries. Most likely your keyboard is too high or low. You can reduce the stress by raising/lowering your keyboard and/or chair. There are plenty of guides on how to optimize your seating and keyboard positioning.

A wrist rest/pad/support may also help. You can buy these made from foam or gel, whichever you find is most comfortable. You can also try rolling up a small towel or cloth.

Those split "ergonomic" keyboards take some getting used to but many people swear by them. Switching back and forth between both types of keyboards can be difficult (i.e. between home and work).

You can also get glow-in-the-dark labels and stick them on the sides of the keys you need to find. There are also programmable keypads or macros that you can set for one key press for multiples or combination keystrokes.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    I can type in complete darkness. Learning to touch type in 6th grade REALLY helps when you have to type fast.
    Agreed entirely.
    "I, for one, can't wait to grow Nepenthes extincta!"
    Plant List ; blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh surely I have some repetitive stress wrist injuries, sometimes on these busy months I have to sleep with my hands in those wrist braces so they don't bend. Been doing the same job(s) for 15 years. Either fanning through inserted envelopes or jogging feeder paper depending upon which end of the machine I'm on before I walk to the other end of the machine and start doing the other activity. That is when we have work to do anymore. This month we do have work, but next month I'll be back to seeing how many books I can read in a 12 hour shift.

Really Flytrap the custom icon keyboard is $1500? I could've swore the mag said "only" like $489.99... Adding a 1 to the front of that figure relegates it from "maybe someday" to "probly never"!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12