What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OH, YES. You read that right! Recently today, a new genus of CP has been discovered...and it's quite odd:

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

As you can see, it's the platypus of CPs. It looks like different Sarracenias patched together. You can see what looks like S. flava, purpurea, alata, leucophylla, and minor pitchers...But wait...What's that at the base!?

DSC03292.jpg

Not only does it have Sarracenia pitchers, but it also seems like it has D. capensis leaves and VFT leaves. What should it be called? Sarradroseraea flapuralaleucomincapflytraps.

This is an extremely rare plant. Only one has been found so far. How many others are waiting to be discovered? No one knows. When will get into cultivation? Hopefully soon through leaf cuttings. Do I have too much free time? Yes. Were you disappointed when you found out it was a joke? Probably.

I was very bored and trimmed some of my Sarracenias today...Thanks for viewing. :)

Roflmao Capensis, good one. :p hehe... but why did you cut up some of you plants?? and yes, I was a little disappointed... :( jk, lol.

Because everything was looking like a mess. Pitchers were flopping everywhere, dying, etc. The capensis and VFT leaf was just for the heck of it.

oh, ok. since your done the joke... lol, are you going to try a leaf cutting with the cape maybe?

Nah, I already have several capensis.

Good discovery. Are you sure it's not a hybrid?

That may very well be possible... ;)

reminds me of what i did yesterday where i stabbed a couple S. flava pitchers that were snapped off into the ground in my garden, surrounded by morning glories...
My mother walked by, looked down, did a double take, looked back, did another double take
and was like wait wtf how did that get there!?
and i explained it to her lol.

That new genus should be on a monsterquest episode along with the giant killer squid.

Lol, Kris. I was about to do something like that, but I was like, "...I wonder how it would look like if I mixed up different plants..." Boredom makes you do some interesting things. :)

I always forget you live on a giant peninsula made of sand. Some sarrs in your landscape would look sharp!

Reminds me of the new genus they found in New Guinea back in 06.

Back