Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some good music

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL part of that speech was in a death/industrial song on a demo tape I got for review some years back. I forget the band but it totally made the demotape! They are naughty!

Part of my family was in Nam and part not. One uncle asked to go to Nam and got sent to Okinawa to work on engines instead. Another uncle got drafted and sent to Nam and was sprayed with Agent Orange. He came home with bones that snap like twigs and had a couple deformed kids. The kids he had before going were all normal. The other uncles who had gotten drafted resisted. One was running an underground railroad of sorts for escaping hippies. The guy who got me into plants actually! lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know two individuals who went to Nam. A Marine and a Navy seal. All had some interesting things to tell me. A good piece of advice they gave me for when I go to Iraq or Afghanistan is to not get attached too anyone. Makes it easier to make it through. They told me that they made the mistake of getting too mentally attached to friends in the war and was hit harder when they un fortunately lost them. My friend who just came back from Iraq told me the same thing. He lost his best friend to an IED.
    I still feel bad for them because those people are like brothers to each other. Alot of them become more of family to each other than blood line family them selves.
    I have an uncle who fought in WW2 in the Battle of the bulge. He was an airborne army Ranger. He saw lots of intense action over in Germany., etc.. I got to meet him once. It was an honor in my opinion. Although, in my opinion, It is an honor to meet any Military service member.

That agent orange is some serious stuff. I have heard some really wicked un pretty stories about that stuff. In my opinion, that chemical is a chemical that should of never been produced in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dads dad (grandfather I've never met) fought the Japanese in WW2. I think he was in the New Hebrides at one point and a lot of those small islands in the south pacific. My dad says he's still very racist against Asians even today. My dad tried to give him a recipe that had rice in it and that set off "one of the landmines" as my dad calls them. lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this other uncle whom I've never met. He passed away along time ago. Anyways, I was searching through alot of old foreign money he brought back from the war, WW2, and found some old German money. A 100 mark and a couple old German uniform pieces I assume he took from a deceased German soldier.
    There still in great condition too. The German Money is Military issue. Some nice Genuine war memorabilia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you like that sort of thing (collectibles) check out a "gun show", you used to be able to buy all sorts of really crazy stuff at them that can't be gotten anywhere else. My step dad was a real gun nut, had a house full of guns and WW2 stuff. I went to a lot of gun shows with him and bought some cool punk/metal gear for cheap like bullet belts, combat boots, carry bags. I always usually bought a dagger or some sort of hand combat weapon at each one. I was into sharp objects more than guns!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 K-BAR Military combat knives. 1 of them is a little compact, not much. Still a big knife while my other is a HUGE USMC issue K-BAR knife. The big one Has Iwo Jima commemorative writing on the side.

Ever heard of a Russian Spetnaz Balistic knife? Those are awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of looks like a cross between a bayonet and a Maglite!
    Sleek and medical looking compared to old ones.

I had probably 100 knives, swords, axes, etc. at my "height" of collecting. I collected the exotic stuff, like Indian Kriss knives (the blades look like flames). Throwing stars and the Ninja weapons. I still have a few head hunter swords (Ifugao and perhaps Dayak) made with animal parts/bones. My mom went to Mexico once and got me some really cool "street fighting knives" that have bracelets and a chain to lock them to your wrist incase you let go you don't lose the knife. When I worked at the Renaissance Faire I started buying all those medieval types of weapons. The whole collection is out in the garage now. Every few years I go a bit crazy and buy a new sword or flail or something but I really have no use for it and out to the garage it eventually goes to rust with the others. I mean "gather patina". lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been to a renaissance fair. They do look interesting though. I'll have to make a trip to one sometime. I hear they have great food there.

I like the ballistic Knives because they have a special mechanism where they launch out of the Handle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast